-162-

'Guys, wake up.' Y/N sunk further into Yuxin's embrace which tightened around her. 'Five more minutes.' She snuggled closer to Yuxin when she heard her friends shuffled away from them. She felt herself drifting off to sleep again when she heard a knock on the door. She lifted her head to see who it was causing Yuxin to groan from under her. 'Do we have to get up?' She said with a small pout forming on her lips making Y/N smile. 'Apparently.'

Yuxin sat up and stretched her arms and Y/N did the same, glancing up at the door. Fan let Kun in who thanked her and walked over to Y/N's bed. 'How are you feeling?' She nodded slowly, 'Better.' He sighed in relief, 'Good. We're expecting a phone call within the hour. To sort this whole thing out.' He said earning a confused look from Y/N. 'Already?' Kun nodded. 'Yeah, I thought it was a bit quick as well but Seojoon will call us as soon as he's finished his morning's schedule.'

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and sighed. 'This can't be good.' She said under her breath. Yuxin slid her arm around Y/N's waist and rested her head on her shoulder. 'It's gonna be fine.' She reassured kissing her neck lightly and rubbing her arm. 'I hope so.' The girls quickly got ready after Kun had left and were soon sitting in the practice rooms. They marked the dance after a quick warm up before running through it full out. Once everyone was happy with it, they sat to practice the vocal and rap parts.

Just as they had finished one round, Kun popped his head around the door and quietly called Y/N out. She sighed and looked over to Yuxin who gave her a smile. The two quickly reached Kun's office and they sat down around his table waiting for the phone to ring. 'Any second now.' As if on cue the phone rang with Seojoon's called ID on the screen. Kim answered and put it on speaker phone.

'Hello?'

'Joonie, it's me and Kun.'

'Good. My company's giving me two ways out of this and quite frankly I'm not liking either of them. First way is to admit we're dating even though we aren't and that's very wrong and announce a break up in about a month. Second way is announce we're cousins. Both ways get your name involved and I really don't want to do that.'

'Joonie.... Do people know it's me though?'

'I'm not entirely sure but there were other youth with you trainees around.'

'Can we not announce we're cousins but just say for my safety you don't want to say who it is?'

'We could but people will probably find out.'

'At least it gives me some time to get as far into this show as I can.'

'True and if we say we're dating then that might run your reputation on the show.'

'Should we do that then?'

'Yeah I'm good with that. Kun?'

'That sound like the best way out of this to me. I'll speak to the managers and directors of the show and let them know that's what we're gonna do.'

They quickly said their byes and hung up before exhaling in relief. 'I'm glad that's sorted now.' Kun said with a smile. 'Me too.' Y/N replied. Kun quickly sent her off to practice after informing the staff of the show what their plan was. She walked down the corridor and sighed. She thought about how much trouble she had caused Seojoon because of this scandal and looked down at her feet. She could feel a pit in her stomach form as she began hearing her mother's words spring up in the back of her mind. She tried telling herself that it wasn't her fault but couldn't block out the loud yells of her mum telling her how worthless and useless she was.

Her tears stung her eyes as she held them back but the pit in her stomach and turned into a tightness in her chest. Her mind was spiralling out of her control and she crouched down on the floor with her head on her knees while she clawed away at her chest trying hopelessly to breath. She couldn't stop crying and had hyperventilated until she started seeing stars. Just as she thought she was about to black out, she thought of Yuxin. Her soft smile and her gentle voice slowly calming her down. She remembered how Yuxin would help her steady her breathing by breathing with her and let her know that she was safe and doing a good job. She continued like that until she could see normally and felt less tense.

She looked around her to see Lisa with her arm around her, rubbing her back gently and looking at her with worry. 'L-Lisa? What are you doing here?' The other girl smiled at her and shook her head. 'Don't worry about me silly. Are you feeling better?' She nodded and continued breathing at a steady pace. 'Should we get you back to class? I can tell you now I have a feeling that Yuxin might be getting a little worried.'

_______________________________________

An update after what feels like forever. If anyone's still here after all this time, I'm shocked. 😂