-158-

'Come in.' Y/N opened the door to see Kun look up from his desk. 'You wanted to see me?' She asked taking a seat opposite him. He span his laptop around showing Y/N a picture with a raised eyebrow. 'Care to explain?' He asked intimidatingly. Y/N looked down to the picture of her and Seojoon walking with linked arms from the same day when she had seen her mother again. 'I-it's Seojoon.' She said quietly. Kun's cold expression remained on his face making Y/N gulp. 'H-he's my cousin.' The words barely came out of her mouth but when Kun heard them he sat back with a confused expression. 

'Really?' Y/N nodded. 'My Dad's Mum's sister's son's son.' She explained fiddling with her hands on her lap. 'Oh okay.' He laughed slightly and turned his laptop back to face him. 'One of his fans had taken that picture and sent it to Dispatch and it was posted like 15 minutes ago.' Kun explained making Y/N nod. 'Do you want to speak to him?' He asked. 'Yes please.' She responded. He called his manager and after a few minutes Seojoon was on the other end of the phone. 

'Y/N?'

'Joonie.'

'Are you okay?'

'Y-yeah, I'm fine what about you?'

'I'll fix this.'

'Joonie don't worry there's nothing to fix.'

'Shh, I should've been more careful.'

'Stop blaming yourself. Don't worry, if we tell people that we're related then these rumours will stop.'

'Yeah but I'm exposing you to a lot of people. Dangerous people. I don't wanna do that. I wanna keep you safe, you've been through too much and you're barely 20.' 

'Joonie, it's okay. It's not like I haven't seen worse.'

'Y/N you know about sasaeng fans right? I've had my fair share of them and I don't want them to target you because that could potentially expose your relationship with Yuxin as well as having fans invade your privacy. It's a risk I'm not willing to take. I'll figure something out but I'm going to try and keep your name out of the picture as much as I can.'

'I'll be careful... and worry about clearing your name before clearing mine. You're name is more recognised than mine.'

'You know that's a lie.'

'They don't know it's me behind the tracks Joon shut up.'

'Anyway, telling the public we're cousins if going to be the last resort, I'm not hearing anything else. If people get suspicious if we have to reveal that then I'll tell them the truth. I want to keep you safe and that's the bottom line. You're one of the closest cousin's I have you know that even though we don't see each other often. You're like a baby sister to me and I can't afford for anything to happen to you.'

'I know Joonie... you're like a big brother to me as well and I appreciate you doing this to keep me safe but think about yourself as well. It isn't always about me. And plus if you don't think about yourself and something happens then who's gonna look out for me hm?'

'Don't be tryna twist my words young lady.'

'I have no idea what you're on about.'

'Stupid head. Anyways I need to go now. Take care of yourself and before we make an announcement I'll try and get in contact with you.'

'Okay. Don't stress yourself out over this.'

'I'll try not to. Take care.'

'You too. Bye.'

Y/N hung up and sighed, looking around in deep thought. 'Hey,' She looked up to see Kun handing her a glass of water. 'Don't you stress yourself out either. You've got performances coming up and I know this is the last thing you want on your mind. If I had a say on whether or not to tell you, I wouldn't have.' She took the glass and nodded. She knew he was right and quickly downed her glass. 'I should get back to practice.' She said with a smile. Kun nodded and she left his office. 

__________________________________________

Thank you so much for 17k.

I literally have no words like it hasn't sunk in how this has any reads let alone 17k.

I am working on trying to get back to more frequent updates but school is a big handful right now. On top of that whenever I did sit down to try and write a chapter, I wouldn't know what to write. 

But I'm trying.

I think I've started to get a ball rolling with something so hopefully my brain will think of something that I approve of that I can put out.

Love you guys so much it's unreal <33

🖤