-169-

'Y/N...' She flinched when she felt a hand on her back and turned to see Dr. Zhang. 'How are you feeling?' He asked. She looked down. 'I feel pretty normal.' The doctor nodded and passed on that the hospital will be on touch with her regarding her radiotherapy sessions. 'You're free to leave. A prescription will be ready waiting at the pharmacy for an inhaler which should help with any coughing episodes.' She nodded and bowed. He left her but she was soon interrupted from her train of thoughts by her Dad. 'Dad, you should go home. It isn't good for you to be awake for so long without proper sleep. And don't worry about me. I'm fine. Nothing the doctor's can't fix.' She mustered a smile and looked up at him.

His sigh told her that he didn't care about she was saying. 'Have you taken your pills today?' He nodded his head. 'Yuxin made sure I took them when I woke up.' Y/N exhaled in relief. 'It's good to know that you're going to be fine.' She said taking a few steps back. 'Where are you going?' He asked with a troubled look. 'I'm going somewhere, where I can't hurt you anymore.' She said quickly before turning on her heel to leave. 'I don't think so.' He held onto her arm and pulled her back towards him. 'Dad... please let me go...' She said quietly. 'Why?' He asked. 'Because I'm sick of always being a dark cloud on everyone. No one would have to worry if go. She was right the entire time.' She pulled her arm away from him. 'Who's she?'

'Mum... Mum was right.' He stood their stunned at her words allowing her to walk away. She walked around to the front desk to sign out and headed outside after picking up her inhaler from the pharmacy. She looked out behind the tall buildings and could early signs of the sun. She thought for a moment, wondering what to do when she heard a familiar voice coming from behind her. She felt her knees become weak when she saw her mother walking towards her.

The air was knocked out of her and she couldn't say anything. Her mother looked down at her. 'What do you want you useless bitch? Have you finally come to your senses?' Tears stung her eyes as she barely managed to nod her head. The middle aged woman's eyebrows raised in surprise when she was met with an answer. 'You were right.' Y/N whispered. 'About time you figured your shit out.' Y/N listened as words spewed out of the older lady's mouth and kept her eyes down. 'Maybe you're not so useless after all.' She said after a while of thinking causing Y/N's eyes to shoot up.

'Get in the car.'