166

The first thing Y/N saw where the bright lights of the hospital. She took in the sound of the steady beeping of the heart monitor and the thick smell of hospital cleanliness as she attempted to sit up. She pushed herself up and leaned back on the railings of the bed before looking at the numerous needles in her arms and machines surrounding her bed. She sighed before looking around for a clock. She quickly scanned the room but couldn't see anything. She carefully brought her legs around to the side of the bed so she could get up and look for a doctor. 'Y/N stop don't move.' She turned to see Yuxin closing the door behind her and rushing to her side with a panicked look. 'Yuxin I'm fine don't worry.' Y/N reassured but the other girl shook her head. 'You aren't. Please stay here, I'll get a doctor.' She hurried off leaving Y/N alone.

She began thinking and thought of ways to deal with the worst outcome. She thought of how worried Yuxin looked and exhaled. Moments later the door opened again and Yuxin walked in with a doctor. 'Hello Y/N, my name is Dr Zhang. Yuxin here has been telling me that you've been experiencing coughing fits these past few weeks is that correct?' Y/N nodded but didn't say anything. 'The one that you had last, was that the worst one you've had?' Again Y/N nodded. 'Okay. While you were asleep we ran some blood tests and had a few scans. The results should come back to us any minute now. I advise you to eat some food even if it's a little.' He told Y/N who listened and nodded.

He left leaving Yuxin and Y/N in the room. Y/N looked in the opposite direction to Yuxin causing the other girl to sit close to her on a stool. Before she could say anything, Y/N spoke up.

'Have you eaten?'

'No.'

'Is anyone else here?'

'Yeah. Kun and your Dad.'

'How long was I asleep?'

'Roughly 15 hours.'

'What's the time now?'

'4am.'

'Are they awake?'

'Kun is but he slept a few hours. Your Dad's asleep now.'

'You should sleep.'

'Later.'

'Now.'

'Not until your test results come.'

'They might take forever.'

'The doctor said they'd be here soon.'

'Sleep until then anyway.'

'No.'

Y/N just sighed and brought her knees up to her chest on her bed. 'this isn't going to be easy.' She thought. 'I'll get something for you to eat. And I don't care if you aren't hungry.' Y/N sighed. Yuxin left and Y/N was alone again but not long after Dr Zhang came back. 'Your test results are here.' He said waving around his clipboard. He sat down next to her bed and flicked through the pieces of paper occasionally nodding. He took a deep breath and sighed before turning to Y/N. 'Should we wait for her to come back?' Y/N shook her head. 'I'll take it better than she will. I'll explain to her when she comes back.' The doctor looked slightly uneasy. 'How about the two gents outside?' Y/N shook her head. 'Same with them.' He nodded and faced his clipboard down on his thigh. 'Y/N you have a lung tumour.'