-2-

She adored her Dad so much. She never really noticed anything wrong with the way her mother treated her but knew that her Dad would never make her question her every choice or idea. Her Dad would take her on long walks and treat her to ice-cream. Take her to theme parks when he could and have other fun days or weekends out. Her Mum would never do that. She was glad that her Mum wouldn't be in her life anymore but her words never left her mind. She walked over to the ice-cream shop with her Dad and ordered their favourite ice-cream flavours. They sat down on a near bench after paying and enjoyed the cool summer breeze. 'Mint ice-cream is the best.' Y/N smiled at her Dad who immediately disagreed by saying 'No cherry ice-cream is the best.' Y/N laughed at her Dad's words and continued to eat her ice-cream when someone caught her eyes.

The dancer from earlier walked up to the same ice-cream shop with one of the female dancers and walked over to a table close to Y/N and her Dad's. The mystery person took off their mask to eat their ice-cream but turned away from Y/N. 'I'm just gonna bin this tissue.' Y/N said quietly but loud enough for her Dad to hear. He hummed in response and she rushed over to the nearest bin which conveniently happened to be opposite the table the dancers were sitting on. She turned around trying not to look suspicious and caught a glimpse of the dancer. It was a girl. 'Damn! A girl hit all those moves earlier?! That's pretty impressive. I can't wait to sign up.' She rushed over to her Dad and asked when they could sign her up for the dance studio.

'You wanna do it now?' He asked. 'Can I?' She looked up at her Dad. 'Yeah sure do you know where it it?' Y/N pulled out the flyer from her pocket and handed it to her Dad. He put the address into his GPS and they quickly arrived at the studio. They both headed straight in and asked the receptionist where to sign up. They found out that auditions were being held the next day at 10am. Y/N tensed up after hearing that. 'I would have to audition? Oh God.' Her Dad noticed and side hugged her slightly, reassuring her that she'll be fine. She tried to write her name down but her Dad ended up writing it as her hand was shaking so badly.

They headed for the exit and were met with the two girls from earlier. 'Oooo do we have another auditionee?!! Yuxin we have another auditioneeeee.' The short haired girl looked up from her phone to see what her friend was on about. 'Yuxin... so that's her name.' Y/N blushed slightly from the sudden attention she was getting from the two older girls. 'Oh, you're the girl from earlier and the ice-cream shop. Hi, I'm Liu Yuxin and this is Li Mei. Are you auditioning tomorrow?' Y/N stood there speechless for a bit. She had never been in a situation like this before. She had never put herself out there before.

'Mum told me not to make friends. People are bad. People will always hurt me. Never talk to people. They'll hurt me and Dad.' Y/N's breathing and heartbeat had rapidly increased. Her Dad noticed straightaway and quickly cleared things up. 'I'm really sorry girls but I think she's having a panic attack. You'll be able to see her tomorrow. I'll take her home and don't worry. You didn't do anything wrong, she's just nervous for tomorrow.' Yuxin became really worried at Y/N's Dad's words. 'She'll be okay right?' He could hear the worry in her voice. 'Don't worry. She'll be fine. Take care.'

A few hours later.

Y/N woke to the smell of her favourite foods. She slowly got up, rubbed her eyes and made her way to the kitchen where she found her Dad plating her food. He didn't notice her come in and stand behind him. 'Thanks Dad.' He jumped and shouted slightly making Y/N laugh. 'You are the meanest 14 year old I've met, you laugh while i get scared half to death.' He chuckled before giving her a bear hug. 'How are you feeling?' he quietly whispered. 'Better.' Y/N yawned making her Dad smile. 'I'm glad, now eat up. It's late and you have a big day tomorrow.' Y/N hummed in response and quietly ate her food at the table. After she had finished she ran the water in the sink to wash up but was stopped by her Dad. 'I'll do this, you wash yourself up and get your things ready for tomorrow.'

Y/N realised she had nothing ready for tomorrow. No music, no dance and nothing picked out to wear. She rushed into her room and threw her suitcase on her bed. She picked out plain black joggers and cropped white tee. She scanned the room for her box of shoes and found it by the window. She walked over and quickly pulled out her white adidas trainers. She grabbed her phone from her bedside table and searched for a good song to dance to. She settled on Flo Rida's whistle and began throwing around some dance motifs while warming up. After some time, she was happy with the choreography and began adjusting and perfecting the moves.

While she was practising, her Dad spied around the corner to see how Y/N was doing. He brought in a glass of water and a cup of tea for himself. 'It looks good.' He complimented. Y/N looked over at her smiling Dad and asked 'You think? I still have a few bits I need to perfect but it'll be done for tomorrow.' Her Dad nodded and asked to see the dance from the top. Y/N played the music and began to dance along. After she had finished she looked at her Dad waiting for his reaction. He clapped and cheered loudly making Y/N flinch slightly but smile at her Dad's childish behaviour. He got up and hugged her tightly but suddenly let go and moved away from her. 'Aaah!! You're all sweaty and disgusting go and wash up.'

Y/N laughed and chased her Dad around her room before grabbing her things and making her way to the bathroom. While she was showering she tried to remember the dance and kept on mentally practising. Soon she was out of the shower and walked into the kitchen to get some water. She got her bottle of water and filled it up before walking back to her room, humming along to her chosen song. She stretched, drank some water, shouted goodnight to her Dad who responded the same and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

____________

Last update for today but might post more for tomorrow. I'm gonna try and get a few chapters up before I start updating once weekly. School's starting soon so I'll try and get as many chapters out before then. Thank you for reading and good morning, good afternoon, good evening or good night wherever you are. :)))