-174-

'Yuxin...' She trailed off. 'She's... incredible. My best friend, my first friend, my dance partner from when we were younger. She helped me open up after me and Dad moved away from Mum. She moved to the city and we lost touch but I saw her again not that long ago. I'm on a sho-... I was on a show with her. When she had gone, I closed up again and this girl bullied me and things got really ugly. But I was fine when I was with her again. She helped me so much. She helped me make me more friends. She helped me feel more comfortable in my own skin. She was by my side at my worst and when I was with her, I was at my best. She means everything to me.'

XuKai watched as a smile appeared on her lips and her eyes lit up and her last sentence but it soon faded. 'But I've hurt her. I left.' She looked down at her hands. Y/N looked up when she felt a hand on her back. 'Then let's go back.' She looked up at him with teary eyes. 'I can't... I can't just walk back like nothing happened.' He frowned at her. 'What if the roles were switched? What if she was scared of hurting you, panicked and left; then wanted to come back to make things right again? Would you be mad?'

Y/N sighed and shook her head. 'Then why can't you go back? You two were close. And by the sounds of it, she understands you well.' He rubbed her back to help calm her down. 'I'm gonna help you get out of here. But right now, you need rest.' She slowly nodded and dried her face. 'Sleep on the bed.' Y/N looked at him. 'But-' He didn't let her speak and cut her off. 'You. Will. Sleep. On. The. Bed. Not. The. Floor. Understand?' He looked at her seriously to which he was returned a defeated sigh.

She slowly got up and made her way to the bed and sat down. She looked over at him in hopes of convincing him but he just shook his head and made himself comfortable on the floor. She huffed and swung her legs up and shuffled around in the bed before gazing out of the window and into the night sky where she could see the bright round moon. She felt far away from Yuxin but somehow, her knowing that the same moon was looking down on Yuxin made the numerous miles seem less. She smiled and closed her eyes.

And sure enough another pair of eyes were looking up to the moon and countless stars. Confiding in them all her inner thoughts. Her prayers to make sure that Y/N was safe and unhurt. Her longing for her warmth. She shed a single tear which was heavy in regret and guilt. A lump in her throat which made her want to scream and shout but nothing but a sigh left her trembling lips. An apology was stuck on the tip of her tongue behind clenched teeth, amplifying her feelings but a twinkle of new stars emerging from the darkness of space made her lips part in awe. The sky was beautiful with all the stars arranged in their own special way. Trillions of light years apart yet all collectively visible from where she was standing. A small smile made the apology, lump in her throat and barricade of tears fade away.

"She's gonna be okay..."