-152-

The 8 girls sat in silence after the staff member had explained to them what they had to do. Y/N sat on the edge of the semi-circle and kept her eyes on the floor in front of her. 'We'll go one by one to vote.' Xi'ai said before everyone nodded slowly. 'I'll go first if you guys don't mind.' No one said anything so she ran off to the classroom down the hall. She came back a few minutes later and soon everyone else had voted. Y/N got up and walked down to the classroom. She quietly wrote down the names of trainees and placed her card in the box. 

'Where did you put your name in the list?' A staff member asked making her look up. 'Eighth.' They looked at her in confusion before realising what she had said. 'You do realise that means-' Y/N nodded and replied with 'I know.' before returning to her classroom where she saw the trainees talking amongst themselves. 'Light orange island and knock knock are so lucky.' Daimeng said with a huff. 'Wait who's in those groups?' Fan asked.

'Xu Xinwen, Xu Zinyin, Dai Yanni, Chen Jue, Zhang Yu and Duan Yixuan are in Light orange island and Zhang Chuhan, Fu Ruqiao, Lin Xiaozhai, Cai Zhouyi and Zhu Linyu. So 1 vacancy in light orange island and 2 in knock knock.' Fan nodded and the conversation died down again. 

The space was filled with sighs and shuffles while everyone waited for the staff member to come. Y/N had rested her chin on her knees and looked through the window at the grey clouds when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She turned to see Fan. She knew what she wanted and opened her arms. Fan pulled her towards herself and hugged her tightly. 'Scientists say that hugs make you feel better.' She whispered making Y/N smile. 'Really now.' Fan nodded. 'Yeah they release endolphins in your brain and everyone loves dolphins so you'll feel better.'

'Endolphins, FanFan they're endor- you know what never mind.' Y/N said shaking her head. 'Are the endolphins working?' Fan asked making Y/N laugh. 'ENDOLPHINS ARE THE BEST!' She shouted making everyone look at her weird while Y/N continued to laugh. Yuxin looked over to Y/N and smiled. She scooted over and snaked her arms around Y/N's exposed waist. She rested her head on the smaller girl's shoulder and leaned against hers. Y/N shuffled around so she was leaning on Yuxin and Fan was leaning on her. 

She yawned and rested her head in the crook of Yuxin's neck before closing her eyes. 'You two are a plain give away. I'm surprised how no one's suspicious.' Fan whispered earning a light slap from both girls. 'Fine. I see how it is.' She said as she pouted. Just as Y/N started to fall asleep, a staff member walked in and stuck a board on the wall. She sat up and retracted her arms from around the girls who were sitting next to her. 

Xi'ai offered to go and reveal the members and walked over to the wall. She went to reach it but found herself struggling. 'I can't reach.' She said with a sheepish laugh. She quickly ran over and dragged a chair for her to stand on. 'Okay let's try again shall we. Most suitable trainee for Lion...... Liu Yuxin.' Everyone applauded while she thanked the trainees. 'Second is Y/F/N.' After her name was said she sighed and looked down after thanking the trainees quietly. The following trainees consisted of Anqi, Yan, Xi'ai and Daimeng. 

Y/N looked over at Fan and Xuan from the corner of her eye before tightly shutting her eyes while Xi'ai took off the rest of the paper. 'The last trainee is Wang Chengxuan...' There was a few claps but the atmosphere felt suffocating. Y/N pulled Fan towards her but she tried to stay where she was. 'I'm fine.' She said trying to hold back her tears. 'I never said you weren't.' Y/N said before encasing the elder in a hug. She eventually gave in and let the younger hug her. She buried her face into Y/N's shoulder and sighed.

The other team members joined from around them and hugged her before she could have a chance to stop them. 'Oh great my contacts are sticking to my eyelid.' She mumbled from under them. 'We'll get your contacts if you need more.' Yan said with a small smile. 'Well would you look at that. The mighty Yu Yan is being nice to me.' Fan said with a small laugh. 'Enjoy it while it lasts.' 

_________________________________________

1 year