twenty two

22. As I Lay Dying

Aria laid in her and Caroline's shared bed and stared at the ceiling above, after John's funeral Aria had officially moved in with Caroline and Liz, staying at the Gilbert house bought Aria nothing but pain, and she was tried of being in pain, now that Klaus had broken his curse, Aria really hopes things will turn back to normal, well what was considered normal in this world full of supernatural creatures.

"Get out" Aria heard Caroline.

"Caroline please, I need to speak to Aria, it's important" Aria heard Stefan.

"No, after everything you did, you have some guts thinking I'm going to let you near Aria" Caroline snapped.

Aria sighed and got out of bed, though Aria had no desire to talk to Stefan, she needed to make sure Caroline didn't stake him in her anger.

"What are you doing her Stefan?" Aria asked, walking over to the duo.

"Probably here to hurt you again" Caroline snapped, glaring at Stefan.

Stefan sighed, "I'm here to apologise Aria".

"I don't want to hear it Stefan" Aria said.

"Aria please" Stefan pleaded, "I know feeding you my blood was wrong".

"Yes it was" Caroline snapped.

"I know after everything I did I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I still need to ask for it" Stefan said.

"You have to give me some time Stefan" Aria said, "You can't just screw up every time and except me to just forgive you, it doesn't work like that".

"Right, I understand" Stefan whispered, "Take all the time you need".

"Right, now that's clear please leave" Caroline said.

"Actually, there's something else, I need to tell you both" Stefan said, "Damon told me not to tell you Aria, but you deserve to know".

"What?" Aria asked confused, suddenly feeling scared, it had to be something serious otherwise Damon would never hide something from Aria.

"When Damon rescued Tyler and Caroline from Klaus, Tyler ended up biting him" Stefan revealed, shocking both the girls.

"No" Caroline said, shaking her head, while Aria stood there in shock, "Damon said he was fine, he said that Tyler missed him".

"He lied to you Caroline" Stefan said, "He didn't want you or Aria to worry".

"No" Aria whispered, tears pooling in her eyes, "No this can't be happening, he can't die, he promised he won't leave me, no, no, no".

Stefan looked at Aria in sympathy, "I'm sorry Aria, but don't worry we will find a way, we always find a way".

Aria wiped that tears that spilled, "I need to see him, I need to be with him".

Caroline nodded, "Let's go".

***

Caroline and Aria ran into the Boarding House to see Damon standing infront of the window, with his daylight ring off, killing himself through sunlight.