nineteen

19. Miss Mystic Falls

Aria woke up and groaned when she heard her phone ringing, without opening her eyes she grabbed her phone from the side table, before she could say anything, her best friend started yelling into her ear.

"Aria Connor!" Caroline yelled into the phone, "Where the hell are you, you haven't answered any of my texts, your not even at school, do you realise how much you have missed?!".

"School?" Aria asked confused, finally opening her eyes and looking at her surrounding in confusion, she realised she was in Damon's bed, that's when everything that had happened last night came crashing back to her.

"Yes school Aria" Caroline said, "You know the place you go to study".

Aria sighed, "I'm sorry Caroline, my alarm didn't go off and I'm guessing I overslept because of that".

"Of course you did" Caroline mumbled, "You realise how much you've missed?".

"And what exactly did I miss again?" Aria asked.

"Well first of all, Bonnie's back" Caroline informed.

"Wait what, seriously?" Aria asked, sitting up on the bed shocked, "You better not be joking with me Care".

"I promise I'm not joking Aria, Bonnie's really back" Caroline said, "Oh and they announced the Miss Mystic Falls competition".

"The what now?" Aria asked confused.

"The Miss Mystic Falls competition" Caroline repeated, "You know the competition me, you and Elena signed up for".

"The competition supermom made me sign up for" Aria whispered, her mind going back to the day Miranda Gilbert dragged Aria out of her bed and made her sign up for the competition, at first Aria hated the idea of it, but Miranda had hyped Aria up, she told Aria the time she had won Miss Mystic Falls and how much she enjoyed it, she had told Aria that at times it was important to get out of their comfort zone and do something they would never do, eventually Miranda had managed to make Aria really excited for the competition, but now, after Miranda's death, Aria no longer had any interest in this competition.

"Yeah" Caroline whispered, in a sympathetic tone, "Anyways, the interview for the competition is happening and you need to be there".

Aria sighed, "I don't know Caroline, I only signed up for this competition because of supermom, I wanted to win for her, but now she's dead, there's no point in me competing".

"Yes there is Aria" Caroline said, "You need to compete in this competition for me, so what if Miranda is not here, I'm here, and I want you to compete and win this competition".

"Caroline, I know you want to win this competition and I don't want to compete with you" Aria said.

"Aria I'm competing with Elena not you, I'll never compete with you, and if you win or I win, it's the same thing" Caroline said.

Aria sighed, "I don't know Care".

"Please Aria" Caroline pleaded, "You can even ask Damon to be your escort".

Just as Caroline said that, Damon walked into the room.

"Damon?" Aria asked, making Damon look at her in confusion.