three

03. The End Of The Affair

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan" Klaus said, getting out of the car, followed shortly by Aria and Stefan.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked confused.

"I know how much you loved it here" Klaus replied, "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?".

"Blacked out most of them" Stefan replied, "Lot of blood, lot of partying, the details are all a blur".

"Well, that is a crying shame" Klaus mocked, "The details are what makes it legend".

"You brought us here so Stefan could go down memory lane?" A sleepy Aria said, leaning against Klaus.

"Maybe" Klaus said, smiling at Aria's sleepy state, "Come on Ari, let's get you back into the car so you can peacefully sleep".

"Yes, please" Aria mumbled, as Klaus carried her back to their car.

***

"Chicago was magical" Klaus told Stefan, after making sure Aria was comfortably sleeping in the car.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it, like I said, I don't remember most of it" Stefan said.

"Down to business, then?" Klaus asked.

"Why are me and Aria still with you?" Stefan asked, "We had our fun, your hybrids failed, I mean, don't you want to move on?".

"After Aria wakes up, we're going to see my favorite witch" Klaus replied, ignoring Stefan's question, "If anyone who can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her".

***

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan, as the trio walked into Gloria's bar.

"I can't believe this place is still here" Stefan said, looking around in amaze.

"You gotta be kidding me" A women said.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender--".

"Stop" The women interrupted, "You maybe invincible, but that doesn't make you funny", the women turned to Stefan, "I remember you".

"Yeah" Stefan said, shocked seeing the women standing infront of him, "You're Gloria".

"Wait, as in the Gloria you knew in your ripper days?" Aria asked shocked, Stefan having told her and Klaus the bits and pieces of his time in Chicago he did remember.

"Mm-hm" Gloria said, looking at Aria with extreme interest.

"Shouldn't you be--?".

"Old and dead?" Gloria asked, "Now, if I die, who's gonna run this place, huh?".

"Gloria's a very powerful witch" Klaus told Stefan and Aria.

"I can slow the aging down some, herbs and spells" Gloria clarified, "But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day".

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?" Klaus suggested, letting Aria and Stefan know he wanted some privacy with Gloria.