eleven

11. Things We Lost In The Fire

A delirious Damon stood in the middle of the Mikaelson's living room, looking at the unconscious bodies of Aria, Caroline and Kol in shock.

"No" Damon whispered, his eyes landed on Aria's body, "Ria", Damon quickly rushed towards Aria's body, he bit his wrist and fed Aria his blood, knowing that whenever the tribrid fell unconscious his blood brought her back, "Ria, I am so sorry" Damon whispered, "I promise I'll fix this, I promise my love will stop hurting you, I promise, just wake up".

After a moment, Aria slowly opened her eyes, "Damon" she whispered.

"I didn't know where I was" Damon whispered, feeling extremely guilty for hurting his soulmate, "I didn't know I was out".

"It's okay" Aria whispered, slowly sitting up, tears welling in her eyes seeing Damon's condition, "It's going to be okay".

"No" Damon whispered back, leaning his forehead against Aria, "Nothing is going to be okay Ria, not after this".

Before Aria could say anything else, Caroline came behind Damon and injected him with vervain, causing him to fall next to Aria, unconscious.

"Are you okay?" Caroline asked her sister, who was looking at Damon.

After a moment, Aria finally looked at her sister, "I think I was too late, Care" she whispered, feeling extremely terrified, "I think I might have failed to save Damon from his hell".

***

"I heard you the first twenty times you called me" Kol said, walking into the Mikaelson's basement where Damon was chained up.

"Then where the hell were you?" Damon snapped.

Kol looked at Damon, not knowing how to tell him that he was experiencing post hell hallucinations, "It doesn't matter" he finally said, "Are you calm now?".

"Oh, I'm clam" Damon assured, "And I know what you're gonna say to me, you're gonna say I screwed up so bad, I attacked you, Caroline and Ria, cause I thought I was stuck in that fake hell-world".

"First of all, I would never say things like that, that's more Caroline's thing" Kol said, "Second of all, yes, I am pissed at you for attacking Ria, but only this time, I don't blame you, I don't think Ria does either".

"Huh?" Damon asked confused, he knew how protective Kol was over Aria, so it was a huge surprise to him that Kol hadn't tortured him for hurting Aria, even if it was unintentional.

Kol sighed, "If I hadn't gone through the same thing as you, then I would have probably tortured you a lot, but I get it" he said, "Just this one time, no one is mad at you for hurting Ria, not even Ria herself".

"Wait, you skipped a bunch of stuff" Damon said, "First, I'm supposed to say that I see the error of my ways and then you tell me that that's not good enough as I hurt Ria and then you judge me harder, and then I say something mean but true, it totally throws you off balance--".

"Damon, you thought you were still in that damn stone" Kol interrupted, "We get it, so just relax and stop confusing me with Caroline and Rebekah, they are the judgy ones not me, and trust me, I get it, out of everyone, I get that the hell-stone does a serious number on you".