fifteen

15. Let Her Go

"Okay, we've got band-aids, surgical gear, and a medevac en route for an airlift" Liz said, as her and Amelia walked over to their daughters who were currently sitting on the ground crying, both of them having fell from their bikes after attempting to high five each other while riding.

"You're making fun of us" Caroline cried.

"No, sweetheart, I'm making fun of me and Amelia" Liz said, sitting infront of her daughter, while Amelia picked Aria up and placed her in her lap, "There is no greater first than watching your kids ride without training wheels and no worse first than seeing them bite the dust".

"Elbow" Aria cried, showing her mother her bleeding elbow.

"It's okay baby, mommy's going to make it all better" Amelia assured, cleaning Aria's wound and then placing a bandage on it.

"Mommy, there is so much blood" Aria cried, "Am I dying?".

Amelia and Liz laughed at Aria's question, "You're not going to die, I'm not going to let you" Amelia replied.

"Are you two gonna die?" Caroline asked.

"Well, everyone dies eventually, sweetie, but not for a long, long time" Liz assured.

"What happens if you and mommy die and me and Caroline are left alone?" Aria asked, scared of being left alone.

"When that happens you and Caroline will be all grown up, and you won't need us because you will have each other" Amelia replied.

"I think me and Aria are always going to need you both" Caroline said.

"I agree with Caroline" Aria whispered, hugging her mom, while Caroline hugged Liz.

Aria gasped and opened her eyes, the dream having disturbed her sleep, looking around, she realised her and Caroline were sleeping in the kids nursery, the two mothers finding solace in their kids after their mother's death.

Aria slowly sat up, she saw Caroline still sleeping on the couch, she then looked towards the floor where she saw Rebekah and Kol sleeping.

A small smile formed on her face seeing the two originals, realising the only reason they were sleeping here were to make sure the sisters were okay.

After realising what the time was and that any minute her kids were about to wake up, Aria decided to go downstairs and prepare their bottles. As Aria walked down the stairs, her eyes landed in the living room, where she saw Klaus, Elijah and Finn sleeping, Elijah and Finn having come back to Mystic Falls as soon as they heard about Liz's death, Jeremy and April tried to come back as well but all the flights were full so Aria told them to stay at school, assuring them she was fine.

Without waking any of the originals up, Aria quietly walked into the kitchen, entering it, she was shocked seeing Damon sitting on the table, from the look on his face, he looked extremely frustrated.

"Hey" Damon greeted, giving Aria a small smile.

"Hey" Aria whispered.