five

05. Coming Home Was A Mistake

The triplets sat on the dinning table, drawing, while Aria made them and herself and Kol some hot chocolate while Kol made some pancakes for the triplets.

"Here you go" Aria said, placing the hot chocolates in front of the triplets, "Be careful it's hot".

"How much longer do we have to wait for the pancakes, dad?" Alec asked.

"Don't rush perfection" Kol simply replied.

"But I'm hungry" Alec complained.

"You're hungry?" an amused Aria asked, "You literally sneaked out of bed at 6am to eat most of the ice cream Alec".

"That was my dessert" Alec defended.

"You're supposed to eat dessert after your food idiot, not before" Asher said.

"Mom, Asher called me a idiot!" Alec complained .

"Mom, Alec's yelling too loudly, tell him to stop" Mia complained.

Aria chuckled and shook her head in amusement at her kids, but before she could say anything, her phone started ringing, taking it out of her back pocket, she realised it was Matt.

"Hey" Aria greeted.

"Hey" Matt greeted.

From Matt's voice, Aria could tell he was crying, "You found his body, didn't you?" Aria whispered, as soon as Caroline told her about Damon killing Tyler, Aria called Matt telling him to find Tyler's body, she wanted him to have a proper funeral, at first Matt refused to believe Aria but after constantly calling Tyler and receiving no reply from him, Matt realised Aria was right, Tyler was dead, so he did everything in his power to find his body, which he eventually did find, stuffed in the back of an abandoned car.

"Yeah" Matt whispered, "Aria, look, I know we aren't the same kids who grew up together, I know there is a lot of bad history between us, mainly because of me and Tyler, and I know this is asking a lot, but I just want to give Tyler a proper goodbye".

Aria sighed, "You're right Matt, there is a lot of bad history, but at the same I haven't forgotten how we all used to be before we were all shoved into this supernatural world, Tyler was a great friend of mine, and that Tyler deserves a proper goodbye".

***

Dear Salvatore Triplets,

Life can be so funny sometimes, you don't realise when someone you grew up, someone you used to go on play dates with, suddenly becomes your enemy, but then that same someone dies and instead of relief, you feel awful, that's what I'm feeling right now, Tyler tried to hurt Nik, I remember that and for that I hate him but I can't forget the Tyler that I grew up with, the Tyler that after my parents death took me and Caroline near the old Lockwood's well to make me smile again, he did all these stupid antics, he didn't stop till I stopped crying and started laughing, that's the Tyler I think deserved better.

"Hey" Seline greeted, walking over to Aria who was currently sitting on the Salvatore's porch.

"Hey" Aria greeted, confused seeing Seline here, "What are you doing here? It's your day off today".