eight

08. 162 Candles

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" Liz asked Aria.

Aria, Jeremy, Elena, Stefan and Matt were currently at the police station, all individually getting interrogated about Vicki's sudden disappearance.

"She didn't say anything to me, we aren't really that close" Aria lied, keeping a straight face and really hoping Liz couldn't sense the guilt radiating from her.

"Did she tell her brother where she was going?" Liz asked.

"I don't know, I haven't talked to Matt since the Halloween Party, but I do know she told Jeremy to tell Matt that she was leaving" Aria informed.

"Is there anyone that I could talk to that may know what happened to her prior to her leaving town?" Liz asked.

"I really don't know Sheriff, like I said me and Vicki were never close, I have no idea who she hung out with" Aria replied.

"Do you know what Stefan Salvatore was doing with Vicki?" Liz asked.

"Stefan was trying to help her out, Elena and me were worried about Jeremy hanging with Vicki because of her drug problem, so Stefan stepped in to help her out" Aria said.

"So Stefan got involved because you and Elena asked him to?" Liz asked.

"Correct, we thought that maybe by helping Vicki, we were helping Jeremy" Aria replied.

"What was her behaviour like those last days before she left?" a curious Liz asked.

"Very sketchy, like she was always high" Aria informed.

"Any signs of aggression or violence?" Liz asked.

"No" Aria replied.

"So you believe Vicki really has left town?" Liz asked.

Aria nodded her head, "Yes".

After Liz finished her questions, both Aria and Elena stepped out of the police station along with Jenna and Jeremy, only to see Stefan waiting for them outside.

"We'll meet you guys at the car" Elena told Jenna.

"Okay" Jenna said, walking away with Jeremy.

Elena and Aria made their way to where Stefan was standing, "You both okay?" a concerned Stefan asked.

"I've been better" Aria replied, giving Stefan a small smile.

"I don't think the sheriff suspected anything" Elena told Stefan, "Jeremy had no memory at all, all he knew was what Damon made him know".

"Thank you" Stefan said, to both Elena and Aria.

Aria didn't say anything just gave him a nod.

"I can't do this Stefan" Elena said, "Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy all I think is that Vicki is never gonna come back, and they'll never know why, around you people get hurt and people die and I just-- I can't, it's just too much".