fifteen

15. We're Planning A June Wedding

Damon, Aria, Caroline and Kol sat together in the Salvatore's living room.

"All right, professor, how do we get rid of the queen of hell?" Damon asked Alaric through his phone.

"Are you sure Katherine's in our world?" an extremely worried Alaric asked.

"Yeap" Aria confirmed, "When Cade stepped out of hell after the eleventh ring of the bell, other souls could do the same thing, just like Sebastian did, there's no way Katherine didn't jump at that chance to leave hell and reenter our world".

"Then why haven't we seen her yet?" Caroline asked, "I thought by now she'd be strutting around, making demands, or trying to get us all killed".

"She's probably bidding her time" Kol suggested.

"Or putting her own plan together" Damon suggested.

"Either way, you're gonna need a new weapon" Dorian said, in the armory with Alaric.

"So what have you guys come up with?" Caroline asked Alaric and Dorian.

"Cade was killed with a dagger that was made from his bones" Dorian reminded, "It was fused into glass by a white-hot flame, first things first, though, I don't suppose you know where Katherine's bones are?".

"Oh, who'd have ever thought she'd have done us a favor?" Damon said, "We've got every last one of Katherine's bones in the cave, underneath the old church, left over from a traveler barbecue she had when she tried to possess Aria".

"But how the hell do we make a weapon that has her fused bones into glass?" a confused Aria asked.

"How about putting the bone into a metal dagger?" Klaus suggested, also at the armory with Alaric and Dorian.

"That could work" Aria realised.

"Kol and I will go on bone-fetching duty" Damon stated.

"Dorian and I will research an alternative to fight her" Alaric said.

"See, if Katherine's back, that means hell still exists" Dorian realised, "We need to figure out a way to break her link to hell".

"Psychic dimensions like hell, and the one I accidentally created, they are tied to an individuals emotional trauma" Aria informed, "Cade created hell when he was burned alive at the stake, mine was created when I lost my mother at the witches house, maybe there's a way to not only destroy the link but to destroy the dimension itself, if we destroy hell, we more then likely destroy Katherine".

"Great, you guys are on Hail Mary miracle duty so how do the rest of us get Katherine to show herself?" a confused Caroline asked.

"That's easy" Kol said, "Katherine's biggest regret is not being able to end the Connor bloodline, she has a personal vendetta against Ri because she was the one Connor witch she could never kill, Ri's happiness brings Katherine immense anger, so if we want to bring Katherine out, we need to shove Ri's happiness in her face".

"Your point?" a confused Caroline asked.

"My point is that we shove the fact that while Katherine never got her happily ever after, the one person she probably despises the most after Nik, did" Kol replied, "We throw the wedding of the century, a wedding Katherine will never miss".