sixteen

16. I Was Feeling Epic

"What happened?" a panicked Kol asked, rushing over to a even more panicked Damon who was trying to get Aria to wake up.

"I don't know, we heard the bell ring and she just collapsed" Damon replied, he bit into his wrist and tried to get Aria to drink his blood, "Come on Ria, wake up!".

"Why isn't she drinking your blood?!" a worried Kol asked.

"I don't know, Kol!" Damon yelled, starting to give Aria chest compressions, "Come on Ria, you can't die on me, not today, not ever!

Aria gasped and opened her eyes, immediately she was confused with her surroundings when she realised she was no longer at the wedding venue, she was suddenly in the middle of the woods.

A confused Aria started taking small steps forward, wondering where she was and why was she here and how can she get back to Damon, when suddenly her eyes landed on a familiar figure.

"Oh my god" Aria whispered, taking quicker steps towards the blonde women infront of her, "Mom?!".

Elizabeth Forbes smiled seeing her adoptive daughter infront of her, "Aria".

"Mom!" an excited Aria yelled, now running over to her mother and pulling her into a tight hug, "I miss you so much, I didn't think I'd ever see you again".

After giving Aria a tight hug, Liz reluctantly broke the hug, "As much I love seeing you Aria, you can't be here, it's not your time, you just got married baby, you still have so much you have to live for, so many memories you still have to make with Damon, your children".

"I don't want to die either, mom" Aria admitted, tears welling in her eyes, "But if it is my time, then I don't mind, I know my children will be fine, they're surrounded by amazing people who will always take care of them, no matter what".

"And what about Damon?" Liz asked, "How will he live without you?".

"I don't know" Aria cried, "I know my death will break him and I want nothing more then return to him but I don't know how to".

"Maybe I can help with that".

Aria turned around to face the new voice, "Grams" she whispered.

"Hello my child" Shelia Bennett greeted, giving Aria a smile.

"I missed you Grams" Aria whispered, hugging Grams.

"I missed you too" Shelia whispered, hugging Aria back, after a moment, they finally broke the hug and Shelia grabbed Aria's hand in hers "Now come on, time for you to return to Damon".

In the real world, Aria let out a gasp and finally opened her eyes, making both Kol and Damon breathe a sigh of relief.

"You're okay" Damon whispered, slowly helping Aria sit, "You're okay".

Aria nodded, "I'm okay" she whispered.

Damon pulled Aria into a hug, who gladly hugged him back.

"I was so scared" Damon admitted, kissing the top of Aria's head.

"I'm not going to leave you on our wedding day, Damon" Aria teased.