eleven

11. Catch Me If You Can

"No way, I'm not doing this" Jeremy snapped.

"What makes you think you have a choice?" Klaus asked.

"You have to kill vampires to complete the Hunter's Mark" Damon reminded Jeremy, "Mark equals cure, you're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on".

"Screw all of you" Jeremy snapped, "You both said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people".

"In our defense, they're not necessary people anymore" Kol said.

"Enough, have at it, or else" Klaus threatened.

"I am not taking orders from you, and tell me something, does Aria know about all this?" Jeremy asked, when none of the men in the room replied, Jeremy had gotten his answer, "Unbelievable, Aria trusted you three, and you three are breaking her trust by doing the one thing she didn't want me to do, kill innocent people!".

"We are doing this for Aria" Damon snapped.

"No, you're doing this for you" Jeremy snapped, "You want to find the cure so Elena can no longer be sired to you, so you don't have to feel guilty anymore, don't drag my best friend's name into this", Jeremy threw his stake on the floor, "Hunters can't be compelled".

Klaus chuckled, "You're right, I can't compel you" he said, "But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you, because I can compel them".

Damon and Kol watched as compelled humans entered the bar and fed the nearly turned vampires their blood.

"I'm gonna give you a two minute head start, then send every vampire in here after you" Klaus said, "You kill them or they kill you".

"Hold up" Kol said, "That's not happening, you're not compelling them Nik".

"Watch me" Klaus challenged.

"No, no, you turn them, he kills them" Damon said, "That was the deal, Klaus".

"I'm taking artistic license" Klaus said.

"Nik his not going to be able to take all of these vampires on his own, that to at the same time" Kol snapped.

"With you and Damon as his coach he'll be fine" Klaus said.

Damon sighed, "Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car, me and Kol will be right behind you".

Jeremy didn't waste a second, before running out of the bar, to get his  weapons.

***

Jeremy ran through the woods as fast as his legs could take him, trying to lose the herd of vampires that were after him, he hid behind a tree, trying to catch his breath, he looked behind the tree to see if anyone was near him, but found no one, but when he turned, one of Klaus's newly turned vampires was standing right infront of him, before Jeremy could react the vampire had bit into his neck.

Ignoring the pain, Jeremy took out the stake from his back pocket and plunged it into the vampire's heart, causing him to fall down to the floor.