thirteen

13. The Lies Will Catch Up To You

"Yeah, so when that Donovan kid rang the bell Cade wasn't the only one who escaped hell, I did too" Sebastian explained to very confused Damon, Kol and Alaric, while examining the siren's treasure, "I'm alive but at the same time I'm not, I mean I'm not a ghost, I can still touch things, I just can't feel or taste anything, side effects of being inbetween dimensions I guess, while one of my foot is on earth, the other is in Cade's nightmare world".

Kol glared at the man infront of him, and before anyone could react, he snatched Cade's dagger looking artifact from Alaric's hand and pinned Sebastian to the wall, the dagger on his throat.

"You murdered my fiance, on our wedding day!" an enraged Kol yelled.

"Technically that was Tatia" Sebastian defended, "I only helped".

"Your sister!" Kol yelled, "She was your bloody sister, you heartless prick!".

"I admit!" Sebastian quickly said, "That was a huge mistake on my part, I promise I'm not the same guy anymore".

"Your promises don't mean anything to me Sebastian" Kol snapped.

"Kol" Damon said, grabbing Kol by his shoulder, "Before you kill him, let him answer a few questions of mine", after glaring at Sebastian for a moment, a reluctant Kol stepped back and Damon stepped forward, "Let's start with the obvious one, how the hell are you here?".

"You tell me" Sebastian retorted, "You guys rang the giant hell bell, all I did was go for Mystic Fall when I could see it, hey, you guys wouldn't mind keeping this between us right? Like, let's not tell Cade that I escaped hell".

"You were in hell?" Damon asked.

"Yeah, your buddy over there killed me" Sebastian informed, gesturing towards Kol, who was still glaring at him.

"You said you had a better idea than killing Cade with this dagger" Damon remembered.

"I do, I know a way that will definitely kill Cade" Sebastian informed.

"What is it?" an eager Alaric asked.

"Yeah, it doesn't work like that, buddy" Sebastian said, "You want the information? Then you three are going to have to do something for me in return".

"Which is what exactly?" an annoyed Kol asked.

"Help me find a way that I can become permanent in this world" Sebastian replied, "And then I swear, I'll tell you three exactly how to kill Cade and get rid of him once and for all".

"Yeah, no deal" Kol stated, going to stab Sebastian but Damon quickly grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"We need him, Kol" Damon said, realising Sebastian was now their biggest chance at defeating the devil.

Kol glared at Damon, then at Sebastian, then without another word, stormed out of the room.

***

A furious Kol walked out the vault with Damon following him, Alaric staying behind to keep an eye on Sebastian.

"You don't know him, Damon!" Kol yelled, "Sebastian Connor isn't someone who helps you, he is the one who leads people to their death, do you want all of us to die?".