eleven

11. Bloodlines

Aria panicked seeing the man she just hit get up like nothing had happened to him, that's when she realised she didn't hit a human, she hit a vampire, Aria desperately tried to open her seat belt but it was jammed, as the man got closer the more panicked Aria got and the more quickly she tried to free herself but it was no use, she was proper stuck. The mysterious vampire stood next to Aria's damaged car and started to kneel down, Aria let out a huge scream, when suddenly the vampire ran away.

Aria looked in the direction the man had run, but screamed when someone else popped up.

"How you doing in there?".

"Damon" Aria cried in relief.

"You look stuck" Damon said, getting up and trying to flip the car over, but to no use.

"It's my seat belt, I can't get it off" Aria cried.

"Shh, shh, shh" Damon said, "Let me get you out of here, I want you to put your hands on the roof".

Aria obeyed and placed her hands on the roof, "Just like that, you ready?".

Aria nodded, "One, two, three", Damon yanked Aria's seat belt off and grabbed Aria, "I gotcha".

"Aria you okay? Can you stand?" Damon asked, carrying Aria in his arms, "Is anything broken?".

"No" Aria whispered, feeling a bit out of it.

Damon helped Aria stand but she couldn't stand up straight, Damon caught Aria before she could hit the ground, "Whoa, you're fading fast, Aria".

Damon removed Aria's hair from her face, "Aria, look at me, focus, look at me".

Aria looked into Damon's eyes with the little energy she had left, "You lied to me".

"What?" Damon asked confused.

Before Damon could ask Aria what she meant, Aria fell unconscious in Damon's arms, making him very worried, "Shit".

After making sure no one was around, Damon picked Aria into his arms and took her with him.

***

Aria slowly opened her eyes, she looked around in confusion when she realised she was in a car going somewhere, the last thing she remembered was Damon rescuing her, Aria turned to the driver's seat in confusion and realised it wasn't a dream, Damon did rescue her.

"Morning" Damon said, giving Aria a smile.

"Where are we?" Aria asked confused, her head still hurting.

"Georgia".

"Georgia?" Aria asked shocked, "Stop joking Damon, seriously tell me the truth, where are we?".

"Seriously, we're in Georgia".

"Ugh" Aria said, holding her head into her hands.

"How you feeling?" Damon asked concerned.

"My head is pounding" Aria replied.