five

05. The Killer

Dear Journal, 

It's been a while hasn't it? The last time I wrote to you, I was a simple witch banshee hybrid, but now I'm writing as a witch banshee vampire tribrid, didn't think that was possible, but here I am, a proof of the impossible.

In the past few days, there's been a lot of times I wanted to write to you, but when I opened you, all I remembered was my old self, a girl that I miss because she's no longer with me, I'm still not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Wanna know a secret? Something I never told anyone, not even Caroline and Damon. When I first turned into a vampire, I thought I would hate it, I thought I could never be a good vampire, I could never be in control, but with the help of Damon, Caroline, Rebekah and Kol, I'm not doing to bad, I think I may have gotten the hang of this, but let's not jinx it.

Elena feels hopeless, depressed, angry. But for some reason, I don't, I feel hopeful, happy, in control, being a vampire doesn't scare me, it excites me, it makes me wonder what the future holds for me.

Part of me wants to leave Mystic Falls behind, and run away with Damon. Explore the world, with the love of my life right by my side, maybe one day my dream will become reality. Till that happens, I'm going to keep fighting, cause like Mom once said, she gave birth to a fighter, I'm going to fight till I have no fight left in me, and I'm hoping I can be enough to protect the people I love, no matter what it takes.

"You're up early" A sleepy Damon said, slowly opening his eyes and smiling at the Connor witch, who was leaning against the headboard, writing in her diary.

"I felt like writing in my diary this morning, so I woke up early" Aria replied.

"Hmm" Damon said, placing his head on Aria's stomach, "I don't want to get up yet".

"Then don't" Aria replied, putting her diary on the bedside table, and running her fingers through Damon's hair.

"We both know that's not possible" Damon mumbled, placing a kiss on Aria's stomach.

As soon as Damon said that, both his and Aria's phone started buzzing.

Damon groaned, "Told you".

Aria chuckled at her boyfriend, she grabbed her phone and frowned seeing Klaus's text.

"It's Nik" Aria informed.

Damon lifted his head and looked at Aria in confusion, "What does it say?".

"We have a problem" Aria read.

"Of course we do" Damon mumbled.

***

Aria, Damon, Caroline, Kol and Rebekah arrived at Klaus's room of torture, where he had kept Connor, while at the same time on the call with Klaus, who was currently in Italy, looking for the hunter's sword. Arriving in the room, the group frowned seeing no sign of Connor, instead they saw a headless hybrid laying on the floor, dead.

"How the hell did the hunter escape?" Kol snapped.

"I blame my numbing incompetence" Klaus replied, "But pointing fingers isn't gonna help me, you guys are gonna help me".