one

01. Pilot

Dear Journal,

Honestly I don't know why I'm even writing to you, the last time I wrote to you was when I found out about Jeremy and Vicki, god remember how heartbroken I was, anyways I'm not writing to you to complain about my one sided love, I'm writing to you because Elena said it will help both of us if we wrote our feelings somewhere, since both of us refused therapy. 

According to her, today will be different, she said that we will smile and it will be believable. Our smiles will say, 'we are fine, thank you', 'yes, we feel much better'. According to Elena we will no longer be the sad little girls who lost their parents, or in my case my second parents. We will start fresh, be someone new, it's the only way we will make it through. 

The thing is, I really want to believe Elena, I really wish it was going to be this easy, but I know its not, no matter what we say, no matter what we do, we will be known as the kids who lost their parents, I will be the girl who lost not only her biological but also her adoptive parents, I just wish what Elena said is true, I just wish this year will be different, I just wish this year I will finally be happy.

"Knock, knock", the knock on her bedroom door brought Aria out of her thoughts.

"Come in!" Aria yelled.

The door opened and Elena peeped her head into Aria's room, a smile forming on her face when she saw Aria's diary placed on her lap, "You listened".

Aria let out a smile as she closed her diary and placed it on her side table, "When do I ever not listen to you Lena" she said, while getting off her bed.

"Did it help?" a slightly hopeful Elena asked

Aria grabbed her school bag and looked at Elena, "Did it help you?" she asked, giving Elena a knowing look.

Elena let out a defeated sigh, "We have to get past this Aria, we can't keep being these broken girls".

"If only life was this easy Lena" Aria said, knowing moving on was much easier said then done, especially when you had to move on from the death of your parents, Aria quickly shook her head and looked at Elena, not wanting her thoughts to go down a dangerous territory, "Now come on, let's go downstairs before Jenna ends up blowing up the house".

Elena let out a laugh, "You have got to give her some credit, she isn't that bad of a cook" she defended, as the two girls walked out Aria's room.

"Trying to convince me or yourself?" Aria asked, as the two girls walked down the stairs.

"A bit of both" Elena admitted, making Aria chuckle.

While laughing Elena and Aria rushed downstairs, and walked towards the kitchen to see their Jenna Sommers, the younger sister of Miranda Gilbert, Elena's mother, standing infront of an open fridge, frantically searching to make something for breakfast.

"Toast, I can make toast" Jenna said, glancing at the two girls, a sheepish look on her face.

"Forget the toast Jenna, it's all about the hot chocolate" Aria said, walking over to the microwave to make herself some hot chocolate.

"Wrong, it's actually all about the coffee" Elena retorted, walking over to the kettle to make herself some coffee.

Jeremy Gilbert, Elena's younger brother, entered the kitchen, "Is there coffee?" he asked.