seven

07. The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You

Kol sat in the Salvatore kitchen, writing in a diary.

Dear Salvatore Triplets,

I know you guys must be shocked reading this, wondering since when do I write in a diary, but given the situation I'm in, it felt fitting to write to you guys today, because the way things are looking, it seems that this might be my first and last entry to you guys, for me there is no tomorrow, which is why this Christmas I'm going to enjoy the present, I'm going to enjoy today.

Aria and Kol were now in the living room together, both of them were decorating the massive tree Kol had found, after lighting the tree, Aria and Kol looked at each with huge smiles on their faces, both of them wanting this Christmas the best Christmas the triplets ever had, knowing it was possibly the last Christmas they had with Kol.

To save you guys, me and Damon had to make a deal with the literal devil. At midnight, I have to leave you guys, if I never see you guys again, just know that I tried my best, I did everything I could to come back to you guys but it wasn't enough.

"Are we actually doing this?" Aria asked, sitting on the counter of the Salvatore's kitchen and seeing Kol work his magic.

"Yes Ri, we are" Kol said, "This Christmas Eve dinner is something we do every year, this year is not going to be any different, and I figured my last day with you guys should be full of happiness and cheer and not sad and depressing".

Aria sighed, "Fine, but can we stop saying this is your last day with us, because it's not".

"Ri--".

"Don't give me a there's no way out of this deal crap, Kol" Aria warned, "I might not have the solution now, but I will have the solution eventually, I will bring both you and Damon back".

Kol gave Aria a small smile, he then walked over to her and pressed a kiss on her forehead, "If anyone is going to beat the devil, then it's going to be you".

"I hope so" Aria whispered.

"I know so" Kol whispered.

***

After hearing a knock of the door, Aria opened and immediately a huge smile formed on her face seeing Klaus and Caroline with the twins.

"Hey babies" Aria greeted, kneeling down and hugging Hope and Jayden.

"Merry Christmas, Ari!" Hope and Jayden yelled, giving their aunt a tight hug.

"Merry Christmas, mini Mikaelson's" Aria laughed.

"I knew I heard trouble" Kol said, walking over and hugging Jayden and Hope,

"Says the troublemaker himself" Klaus teased.

"I'm not a troublemaker, I just know how have fun" Kol defended.

"Whatever you say, Kol" Caroline said.

"Ari, where's Asher, Alec and Mia?" Jayden asked.

"They're upstairs in their room getting ready" Aria informed.

Without wasting a second, both Hope and Jayden rushed upstairs to greet the triplets.