eleven

11. You Made A Choice To Be Good

The sun shinning on his face broke Damon out of his peaceful sleep, the most peaceful sleep he had in the past five years.

Slowly opening his eyes, a small smile formed on Damon's face seeing Mia sleeping on his chest, he looked to his side to see Aria's back to him, with her head on his arm, her arm laying on Asher and Alec.

This is what Damon had been missing, the moment Damon had left his soulmate and children, all he had dreamed about was one day being back with them, as a family, and finally his dream had become a reality, the most beautiful reality ever.

Damon looked down at his daughter, who hadn't let go of him since last night, he pressed a small kiss on the top of her head, immediately causing Mia to groan and scrunch her nose in annoyance.

"No" Mia complained, rolling off Damon, who made sure she didn't fall off the bed, and placing the duvet over her face, "Go away, sleep".

Damon chuckled at his daughter's antics, "Yeah, definitely Ria's daughter" he whispered, remembering all the time Aria has done the exact same thing, he then turned around and placed his hand on Aria's waist, her back now up against his chest, "Good morning Ria" he said, kissing Aria's neck.

Aria groaned in annoyance, "No, go away" she said, turning around and hiding her face in Damon's neck, "Sleep".

"You and the triplets are supposed to go to Dallas today" Damon reminded, running his hands up and down Aria's waist.

"We are?" a sleepy Aria asked.

"You are" Damon confirmed, "You're putting the house up for sale so you need to pack your things and make sure the house is in good shape".

"I'll go tomorrow" Aria mumbled.

"What was the point of you threatening to never let me sleep in the same bed as you if I didn't wake up in the early morning?" Damon teased.

Aria sighed in annoyance and removed her face from Damon's neck and looked at him, "I'm up, happy?".

"Very" Damon said, kissing Aria's nose.

"That's not the proper way to greet someone good morning, Mr. Salvatore" Aria teased.

Damon chuckled, "Really?" he asked, "So what is the proper way?".

"This" Aria said, placing her hand on Damon's cheek and pulling him into a deep kiss.

"Mmm, I missed this" Damon whispered, once they broke the kiss, "I missed you".

Aria removed Damon's hair from his forehead, "I missed you too" she whispered, taking her time in admiring her soulmate.

***

After Aria and the triplets left to pack their Dallas home up, Damon walked down the stairs to the cellar where they had Kol chained up.

"Update from the outside world" Damon said, from the other side of the door.

"Sod off" an annoyed Kol said.