eighteen

18. Because The Night

Aria got out of Damon's car and stared at the apartment building infront of her, "Aria!", hearing someone yell her name, caused Aria to turn around and come face to face with the person she was here to see.

"Jenna" Aria whispered, tears welling in the tribrid's eyes seeing Jenna after so long.

"I missed you so much" Jenna said, pulling Aria into a tight hug, "I'm so glad you finally decided to visit".

"I missed you to" Aria whispered.

"How long are you going to be staying?" Jenna asked, "I only want to know so I can plan everything, I have so much I want to do with you, so much I want to show you".

"I don't know yet" Aria admitted.

"That's fine" Jenna said, "We can talk about all the later, right now let me show you my apartment, where's your luggage?".

"Right here" Damon said, walking over to Aria and Jenna, with Aria's luggage in his hand, and Kol next to him.

"Damon" Jenna greeted, "You better be treating my niece right".

"I am" Damon assured.

"I believe we haven't met" Kol said, forwarding his hand, "I'm Kol".

"Klaus's brother" Jenna realised, shaking Kol's hand, "I've heard about you from Aria and Jer--", Jenna stopped mid-sentence, she knew what had happened at Mystic Falls, Liz had told her, and even though Jenna wanted to return, Liz assured her that it wasn't needed, that she had everything in control, and trusting her, Jenna stayed in New York City.

"Okay well, I believe this is where me and Damon leave you two" Kol said, quickly changing the subject after seeing Aria's blank expression when hearing Jeremy's name.

"You both still haven't told me where you guys are going" Aria said.

"We will tell you, if what we are here for works out" Kol said.

"Kol--".

"Ria", Damon grabbed Aria's wrist and made her face him, "This trip, is for you to take a break from Mystic Falls and it's problems, once we go back to Mystic Falls me and Kol will tell you everything, we promise, but for now, just stay here and spend some time with Jenna, clear your mind and just relax, okay?".

Aria sighed, "Just promise me, you guys aren't going to do anything that will get you both in trouble".

"I promise me and Kol will try to not get in any trouble" Damon said.

"I guess that's the best I'm getting" Aria said, "I love you".

Damon smiled and placed a kiss on Aria's forehead, "I love you too, now go".

Aria nodded, she turned to Kol, "Don't do anything stupid".

"You realise who your talking to right?" Kol teased.

"I know who I'm talking to, that's why I am asking you to not do anything stupid" Aria said, grabbing her bag.

"I'll try" Kol said, giving Aria a side hug, "Take care".