eighteen

18. Under Control

Damon entered Stefan's room, where loud music was playing and Stefan was busy doing pull ups.

"Could you turn it up a little? It's not annoying yet" Damon said sarcastically.

"Sorry" Stefan said simply, continuing with his pull ups.

Damon turned the music off, making Stefan stop and glare at him.

"When are you going back to school?".

"Soon" Stefan said, now doing push ups.

"Oh, come on, just drink already" Damon said, kneeling down and waving his glass of blood near Stefan, "Come on, this self-detox, it's not natural".

"Get that away from me, please?" Stefan pleaded, walking away from Damon and doing his push ups somewhere else.

"How long did it take to wean yourself off of it after you last indulged?" Damon asked, but Stefan completely ignored him, "That's not good".

"I'll be fine, it just takes a bit of time".

"I don't get it, you don't have to kill to survive, that's what blood banks are for" Damon said, "I haven't hunted a human in--God, way too long".

"Oh, I'm impressed" Stefan said sarcastically.

"It's completely self-serving" Damon said, standing up, "Trying to get the town off the trail of vampires, which is not very easy considering there's an entire tomb of them running around".

"What are we doing about that?" Stefan asked.

"We're not gonna be doing much of anything if you don't have your strength" Damon said, making Stefan scoff, "There's nothing wrong with partaking a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank, you're not actually killing anyone".

"I have my reasons" Stefan said simply.

"What are those holier then thou reasons? You know we've never actually discussed that" Damon said, "You know, I'd love to hear this story".

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" Stefan asked, "Just watching me struggle?".

"Very much so" Damon said smirking.

"I hate to break it to you Damon, but I actually have it under complete control".

"You do?".

"Mm-hm".

"Oh, well, then you should just carry on making the rest of us vampires look bad" Damon said, "Have a great day, Stef".

Damon turned to leave but Stefan stopped him, "Has she woken up yet?".

Damon sighed and shook his head, "No, she's still unconscious".

"Why is it taking her so long to gain conscious?" Stefan asked worried.

"I don't know Stefan, I wish I knew, all I know is that despite all her wounds healing and her heart beat perfectly normal, Aria won't gain conscious" Damon snapped, Aria's condition making him very worried.