eleven

11. Our Town

Aria stared at the punching bag infront of her and rapidly started hitting it.

"You'll put a hole in that thing" Alaric commented, Aria ignored him and kicked the punching bag, "Wanna talk about it?".

"About what?" Aria breathed, "About the fact that Elena told Stefan to compel Jeremy to leave Mystic Falls? Or about the fact that Stefan kissed me and now Damon won't talk to me".

"Is that why you stayed here last night?" Alaric asked.

Aria nodded, "I couldn't go to Caroline's, she would ask too many questions, questions I didn't want to answer, so I came here".

"So you're all worked up because you think Damon hates you now?" Alaric asked.

"I hate me" Aria mumbled, "I wouldn't be surprised if he comes and tells me our relationship is over".

"Aria, Damon isn't going to break up with you over this" Alaric assured, "He knows you didn't kiss Stefan, Stefan kissed you, and you were honest about it to him, his just angry, and not at you, but at Stefan, and once his anger settles, we both know he will come running back to you, he physically can't stay away from you for too long".

Aria sighed, "I hope so".

"I know so" Alaric said, "Want some coffee?".

"Yes please" Aria said, sitting on the counter while Alaric made her coffee.

"So I guess Stefan's compulsion worked" Alaric said, "I went to see Jeremy and saw him packing, he was going on about his new school in Denver".

"It's not fair" Aria said, "Once again Elena took away Jeremy's free will, I admit the first time I supported her and it was only because I didn't want Jeremy to suffer, but this time, he was happy, he was finally finding his place but Elena had to ruin that".

"You know his eventually going to come back, right?" Alaric asked, handing Aria her coffee.

"Yeah, I know, it's just, when he finds out about his compulsion, his going to be so hurt" Aria said, sipping her coffee.

"Well, he will have you right by his side to help him through it" Alaric said, giving Aria a small smile.

"Yeah, I guess" Aria whispered.

***

"You're late Beks" Aria said, decorating Caroline's locker for her birthday.

"Sorry, I had to make sure Caroline's birthday sign was perfect" Rebekah said, showing Aria the sign.

"Wow Beks, that's beautiful" Aria praised.

"Thanks, I wanted it to be perfect, it's Caroline's first birthday with me, I don't want it to be bad, I want it to be memorable" Rebekah said.

"Relax Beks, this birthday, is going to be the best birthday Care has ever had" Aria assured, "Now hold the balloons so I can tape them down".

Rebekah grabbed the balloons and held them against Caroline's locker while Aria taped them down.

"So, have you talked to Damon?" Rebekah asked.