thirteen

13. The Day I Tried To Live

"Finally" Jeremy said, seeing Aria come out of her car, in her hands were a bunch of birthday balloons.

"What happened?" Aria asked, seeing Jeremy's worried face.

"Enzo and Kol burnt the cupcakes" Jeremy informed.

Aria sighed, "Those two had one job, I should have never left them alone".

"Don't worry, Damon's on cupcake duty now" Jeremy assured.

"If Damon's on cupcake duty, then what are Kol and Enzo up to?" Aria asked, "Jer, we need to make them do something otherwise they will just get bored and start setting things on fire".

Jeremy chuckled, "I know, which is why Klaus and Caroline are now forcing those two to help decorate the boarding house".

"And where's April?" Aria asked.

"Her and Rebekah are in Damon's room with all the kids, she's babysitting and at the same time making sure Rebekah doesn't come down and see her birthday decorations before we're done" Jeremy replied.

"Perfect" Aria said, "Everything is going as plan".

"Yes it is" Jeremy said.

"Which means we have time to talk about you and April going to art school" Aria said, giving her best friend a knowing look, "Oh wait, we can talk about April going because she submitted her application while your one was found in the garbage" Jeremy looked at Aria in shock, not excepting her to know about that, "Jer, what's going on, you and April both told me that you guys have decided to go to art school together, so why didn't you send your application in?".

"Because I'm not going to make it to art, Aria" Jeremy replied, "The only class I'm passing is study hall, they'll never let me in".

"Does April know you haven't sent your application in?" Aria asked.

Jeremy shook his head, "She thinks I sent my application".

Aria looked at her best friend in disbelief, "Why are you acting like a such a dumbass?".

"What?" Jeremy asked confused.

"Have you thought about what April's reaction will be when she will realises you lied to her?" Aria asked, "And honestly Jer, you are surrounded by vampires, god forbid, if they do reject you, any of us will gladly compel you in, but you know what I believe? I believe that I have a very talented best friend, who sucks at studying but when it comes to art, he is bloody amazing".

 "It's too late now Aria, the deadline was this morning" Jeremy said, if he was to be honest, he did regret not taking a chance, but there was nothing he could about it now, just step back and let April fulfil her dreams and make sure he doesn't hold her back.

"Well, lucky for you I sent your application in last night" Aria informed, walking away from Jeremy.

"Wait, what?" Jeremy asked shocked.

"You and April are going to art school, Jer!" Aria yelled, running into the boarding house, leaving behind an amused Jeremy.

***