five

05. The World Has Turned And Left Me Here

"Morning" Aria greeted Alaric, while carrying Asher.

"Morning" Alaric greeted, sitting in the living room and playing with Mia and Alec, who were laying on their playing mat.

"Don't you have to give a lecture today?" Aria asked, placing Asher down next to his siblings.

"In an hour" Alaric replied, smiling at Mia, who looked like she was babbling to her two brothers.

"So why aren't you using this hour to flirt with your new doctor friend?" Aria teased.

"Don't start" Alaric warned.

"What?" Aria asked confused, "I thought there was something happening there".

"Nothing is happening there till I get control of my bloodlust" Alaric replied.

Aria looked at Alaric, "You seem fine to me" she said.

"Aria, the last time I was with her, I nearly lost control" Alaric said.

"Nearly, is the key word" Aria said, "You and Jo could have an epic love story, give her a chance, Ric".

"Speaking of epic love stories, have you changed your mind about me compelling you to forget about Damon yet?" Alaric asked, changing the subject.

Aria sigh, "When I read the letter, I wanted to find you immediately and tell you to make me remember, but Nik is right, there's a reason past me asked for six months, so I am going to wait these six months out, then I'll get you to help me remember whatever me and Damon had" she replied.

"Fair enough" Alaric said.

"And till I wait for the six months to be over, I'm going to take my own advice and just focus on myself and my kids, just be happy before remembering my dead soulmate" Aria said, "Speaking of being happy and having fun, you going to the party?".

"How do you know about the party?" Alaric asked.

"Rebekah" Aria replied, "Since Caroline is pregnant, she can't be her party buddy, so now that role is mine".

Alaric chuckled, "Sounds about right" he said, "And about the party, I'm waiting on the mixer for 30-something vampires just back from the dead, less of a crowd".

"Ric, I hate to say this, but your slowly becoming Professor Shane" Aria teased, "And trust me, you don't want to become that person".

"I am not becoming him, I am just perfectly content staying at home, if you want I'll even babysit the triplets for you" Alaric offered.

"First of all, Nik and Caroline are babysitting them, second of all, you're not content, you're scared of losing control" Aria retorted, "Come on Ric, how many people can say that they died and came back alive, life has given you a second chance, something not everyone gets, take this chance and go be happy".

"I am happy-ish" Alaric defended.

"Saying ish in that sentence, just let me know that you're not happy" Aria said, giving Alaric a pointed look, "The party starts at eight, I better see you there, oh and wear a good shirt, you have a girl to impress".