ten

10. Christmas Through Your Eyes

2007, Christmas

"How many marshmallows are you going to put in your hot chocolate, Aria?" Caroline asked, as her and Aria stood by the hot chocolate stall at their high school's Winter Festival.

"A lot more, Care Bear" Aria replied, putting more marshmallows into her hot chocolate.

"Your cup has more marshmallows then hot chocolate" Caroline pointed out.

"And?" Aria asked.

"You need help" Caroline teased.

"And you need to live a little" Aria teased back.

Caroline and Aria looked at other and suddenly the two best friends bursted out in laughter.

"I love you" Caroline said, putting her arm around her best friend's shoulder.

"Back at you, Forbes" Aria said, smiling at her best friend.

As the best friend stole more marshmallows, a snowball hit Aria in the back, shocking her.

"Are you serious, Jeremy?!" Aria yelled, while the youngest Gilbert laughed at Aria's expression, "Stop laughing, I nearly dropped my marshmallows!".

"I had to Aria, it's Christmas" Jeremy defended.

"We are officially in war!" Caroline yelled, making both Jeremy and Aria laugh.

"Yes we are!" Aria yelled.

"Come on you two drama queens" Jeremy said, putting his arms over the two girls, "Let's check the tree out".

"The tree that I picked out" Caroline reminded.

"We know" Both Aria and Jeremy said stimuteanously.

"You haven't stopped reminding us Care, since you got the damn tree" Aria said.

"I need people to know that it is due to me they have such a beautiful Christmas tree" Caroline defended.

Aria and Jeremy looked at each other, amused expressions on both their faces.

***

Present Day,

"Mom!" Aria and Caroline yelled, running over to their mother and hugging her.

Liz chuckled but nonetheless hugged her daughters back, "I missed you to both as well".

"Wait" Caroline said, breaking the hug, "What are you doing at our dorm? You're supposed to be at the Mystic Falls tree-decorating ceremony".

"I'm playing hooky this year" Liz replied, "I figured, just because my daughters and their kids can't come home for the holidays, doesn't mean the holidays can't come to them".

Aria chuckled, "Oh my god" she said, looking into one of the boxes Liz brought with her, where a ornament with a picture of baby Caroline and baby Aria was in, "You brought all of mine and Care's favorite ornaments".