eighteen

18. Resident Evil

"Care, hold it straight" Aria said, trying to stick a welcome home sign on to the wall.

"I am holding it straight Aria" Caroline said.

"Then why is it tilted?" Aria asked.

"It's your side that's tilted, not mine" Caroline replied.

"My side is straight Care, it's your side" Aria argued back.

"You know what? Why am I even here?" Caroline asked, "Your boyfriend is coming back home, so why did I get dragged to decorate your house?".

"Because he's your friend" Aria replied, "Now go get the tape so we can stick this up, we need to finish all these decorations tonight Care, he's coming home tomorrow".

"Yeah, yeah" Caroline mumbled, climbing down the chair she was standing on, "For the love of god, don't fall down by the time I come back".

"Have some faith in me" Aria said, still holding the sign up.

"Have you met you?" Caroline asked, "You trip over air Aria".

"Just shut up and go get the tape" Aria said.

"I'm going, geez" Caroline said.

While Caroline had gone to get the tape from Aria's room, Aria decided to straighten the sign a bit more, so she started leaning not realising the chair was starting to tip, by the time she realised, it was too late as Aria had fallen over, but before she could hit the floor, someone caught her in their arms.

"What would you do without me Aria Connor?".

Aria opened her eyes to see herself in her boyfriend's arms, "Dean" she whispered in surprise.

"Hey, beautiful" Dean said, helping Aria stand up.

"What are you doing here?" Aria asked shocked.

"I live here" Dean reminded.

"I know that" Aria said, "But you weren't supposed to come back from Atlanta today, you were supposed to come back tomorrow".

Dean wrapped his arms around Aria's waist and pulled her closer to him, "Yeah, well, my family was doing my head in and I missed you, so I decided to come home early, is that a problem?".

"Yes!" Aria said, pushing Dean away from her, "I was planning a surprise for you, but you came home early".

Dean looked around his and Aria's shared house and was met with a bunch of decorations scattered all across the floor.

"Surprise?" Dean asked, "And that to for me? What's the occasion?".

"You always surprise me, so I wanted a day where I can surprise you" Aria replied, "But now all that is ruined".

"Not necessarily" Dean said, pulling Aria closer to him.

"Dean, you've seen what I was planning, I can't surprise you anymore" Aria said.