seven

07. Do You Remember The First Time?

Aria woke up from her sleep when she heard one of the triplets crying, taking a deep breath, Aria got out of her bed, and as soon as she stepped out of her room, she was met with Damon in the living room, trying to stop Asher from crying.

"Shh" Damon whispered, walking around with Asher.

"Hey" Aria greeted, very much liking the scene infront of her.

"Hey" Damon greeted, giving Aria a smile, "Did Asher's cries wake you up?".

"Yeah" Aria replied, "I think he's hungry, I'll make his bottle".

Damon nodded, and followed Aria into the kitchen, both the vampires realising that Asher stopped crying when he was in the company of both his parents.

"So, can we talk about the thing we avoided talking about last night?" Damon asked, breaking the peaceful silence.

"Which is what?" Aria asked, pretending to be oblivious, but she knew exactly what Damon was talking about.

"I know Alaric eternal sunshined our relationship out of your brain, but please, please tell me it's coming back, or at least part of it" Damon pleaded, "Because imagining this exact moment, of me and you, in our own little world, with our children, being all domestic, is what got me through the last few months".

Aria sighed, "When I saw you for the first time at the border of Mystic Falls, when you were dying, I did feel something" she admitted, "And then when you walked through that door last night, I didn't have any memories of you, but it felt right being here with you, if that makes any sense".

Damon smiled, "It makes perfect sense" he said, breathing a sigh of relief, "I missed you so much".

"I'm sorry" Aria said, handing Asher's milk bottle to Damon.

"What for?" Damon asked confused, as he helped Asher drink the milk.

"For forgetting the memories we shared together" Aria replied, "Those weren't just my memories, they were ours, and I'm sorry for removing them".

"I would be lying if I said you forgetting me didn't hurt" Damon said, "When I found out, I was hurt, a lot, but eventually reality sat in".

"What reality?" Aria asked confused.

"That you and I have gone through much worse" Damon replied, "But despite everything we have gone through, you and I always come back to each other, so even though you have no memories of us, I believe that I have it in me to make you fall in love with me all over again".

Aria looked at Damon, "That so?" she asked amused.

"That so" Damon replied, just as Aria's phone, that was placed on the counter beside Damon buzzed.

"It's a message from someone called Noah" Damon informed, grabbing Aria's phone, "Saying he won't be able to meet you today".

"Dammit" Aria whispered, grabbing her phone from Damon and texting Noah back.

"Whose Noah?" Damon asked, trying his best not to sound like a jealous boyfriend.