thirteen

13. Children Of The Damned

Mystic Falls, 1864

The sky was pitch black, everyone in Mystic Falls had retired to their respective beds, getting ready for the next day, all except two young souls.

Natalie held on to Damon's hand and both of then ran into the woods.

"Natalie, where are we going this late?" Damon asked.

"I need to show you something" Natalie said, stopping in the middle of the woods.

"What is it?" Damon asked, looking around in confusion.

Natalie sighed and faced Damon, "Damon before I show you this, I need you to promise me something".

"Anything" Damon replied.

"I need you to promise you won't tell anyone about this, not even Stefan".

"I promise" Damon said, now very curious.

Natalie nodded, she then turned to the woods, taking a deep breath, Natalie slowly lifted her hands up, and as she lifted her hands all the leaves around them started flying into the air, Damon looked around in shock.

Natalie turned to an amazed Damon, the leaves still in the air, "I'm a witch Damon".

Damon looked at Natalie with smile forming on his face, "And here I thought I couldn't fall more in love with you".

"You don't hate me?" Natalie asked shocked, she was fully ready for Damon to run away from her.

Damon stepped towards Natalie and cupped her face in his hands, "I could never hate you, I love you, and you being a witch doesn't change that".

Natalie smiled and placed her lips on top of Damon's.

"Wow" Damon said, after breaking the kiss and attaching his forehead with Natalie's.

"Yeah, wow" Natalie whispered.

"Damon, there's another thing" Natalie said, breaking away from Damon.

"What?" Damon asked confused.

"We have to hide our love".

"What, why?".

"Because Katherine has plans for you and your brother, if she finds out about us, I'm afraid she..." Natalie hesitated.

"She will what?".

""I'm afraid she will do everything in her power to separate us Damon, and I don't know what I'll do we if we get separated" Natalie said, a few tears slipping her eyes when she thought about the various ways Katherine could separate her and Damon.

"I won't let her" Damon said, wiping Natalie's tear, "I won't let Katherine separate us".

"You won't be able to stop her" Natalie whispered.