twenty one

21. Isobel

"Caroline is forcing me to help her build the Miss Mystic float for the Founder's Day parade" Aria said, running around her room and gathering her stuff, while on the same time being on the phone with Damon, "But before I go, I wanted to check up on both you brothers".

"Well, I'm doing great, thanks for asking" Damon said, sitting on Stefan's bed.

"And Stefan?" Aria asked, still a bit worried for the younger Salvatore.

"Oh him? Oh, he's--he's terrible" Damon said, worrying Aria.

"What, why, what happened, he was fine when I left" Aria said.

"He's just back to boring, strait laced, off the junk" Damon said, making Aria breathe a sigh of relief, "You've successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality, that and him and Elena are apparently all good as well".

"First of all, I know Stefan and Elena are good as I was the one who forced Elena to talk to Stefan" Aria said, "Second of all, don't you dare forget who helped me cure him".

"I hate myself" Damon joked.

"Yeah right" Aria laughed, "I've never met anyone who loves themselves more then you do vampy".

Damon laughed at Aria's words, "Hey, did Uncle John mention anything to you about my field trip with the history teacher?".

"Nope, still been avoiding him" Aria replied, "Still don't know what his up to?".

"Nope" Damon said, "But I'd love it if you could find out for me".

"Not happening" Aria said, "Now I gotta go, I'm already late, bye Damon".

"Bye Ria" Damon said, just as Stefan walked out of the bathroom, "Have fun with the Mystic queen, I know I did".

Aria laughed and shook her head, and hanged up on Damon.

Damon stood up and walked over to a confused Stefan, and handed him his phone.

"Ria called to check up on you" Damon informed, walking out of Stefan's room.

***

"So these are the specs for the History Department's Founder's Day float" Alaric informed, handing a group of students the paper, "We're gonna be recreating the Battle of Willow Creek, Tyler's been nominated to head up the production design".

"By who?" Tyler asked confused.

"By me, I've seen your sketches and they are good" Alaric said.

"I'm not really into the whole--".

"You just pick your team, be creative and--" Alaric stopped mid sentence, when he saw Stefan, Aria and Elena enter, "And don't screw up".

Without listening to anything else, Alaric left the group and walked over to the trio.

"Hey, Mr Saltzman" Elena greeted.

"Come with me, we need to talk" Alaric said, getting straight to the point, confusing the trio, but nonetheless they followed Alaric to his classroom.