twelve

12. Unpleasantville 

"What?!" Caroline screamed, "You and Damon kissed?!".

"Shhh" Aria said, placing her hand over Caroline's mouth, "Stop being so loud Care, Elena and Jeremy are right next door and they can not find out about this".

Currently, Aria and Caroline were in Aria's room, Caroline had found out about Aria's accident so she had rushed over to her best friend's house to make sure she was okay, where she found out that Damon was the one who saved Aria, but that wasn't all he did.

"Right, sorry" Caroline apologised, "But you seriously can't except me to be calm about this, not only did Damon save you, you and him spend the whole day together in Georgia, and then you both kissed, this is a huge deal Aria".

"It's really not Care, it was just a in the moment kind of thing" Aria said, "I don't even know if it meant anything to Damon".

The thought of their kiss meaning nothing to Damon, actually hurt Aria way more than it should have.

"Forget Damon" Caroline said, "You tell me, how do you feel about the kiss".

"That's the thing Care, I don't know what I feel" Aria said, "I'm confused as shit".

"What's there to be confused about?".

"Everything Care" Aria said, standing up from her bed and pacing up and down, "I still have feelings for Jeremy, but the thing is when I'm with Damon, Jeremy is the last thing on my mind, and when Damon kissed me, I let him because I think I wanted him to kiss me, that whole time Jeremy was the last thing on my mind, all I could think about was Damon, but after I left the Boarding House, I felt so confused, I know what I feel for Jeremy but I have no idea what I feel for Damon, actually you know what scratch that, I don't even know what I feel for Jeremy anymore, ugh, I want to die".

Aria stopped pacing and plopped herself on her bed and stared at her ceiling.

"Okay stop being dramatic Aria, tell me something, after Damon and you kissed, did you guys talk about it, what did Damon say?" Caroline asked curiously, Aria looked at Caroline with a guilty look on her face, making Caroline narrow her eyes at her, "Oh I know that look, that's your guilty look, what did you do?".

"Well" Aria started, "After me and Damon kissed, I..."

"You what?" Caroline asked impatiently.

"I ran away" Aria said quickly, grabbing her pillow and covering her face.

"You what?!" Caroline screamed, grabbing the pillow from Aria, "Why would you do that Aria?".

Aria sighed, "I don't know Care, I was so confused with everything so I ran away".

"You know at times you can be such an idiot" Caroline told her best friend.

"Trust me I know" Aria mumbled, feeling really bad about running away from Damon.

Caroline sighed, "Look Aria, I know your confused, but remember before school started you told me that this is the year that you get over Jeremy and find your one true love, tell me something, will you rather be with the guy who has ignored you and all your efforts to get him to notice your love or will you rather be with the guy who has had his eyes on you since the day he had come into town?".