twenty two

22. I'm Thinking Of You All The While

Aria's head,

Damon laid in the middle of the road in which he had first met the love of his life, patiently waiting for her to arrive.

"Do I even want to know what you're up to?" Aria asked, slowly walking over to her fiance.

"I was just waiting for you" Damon replied.

"By laying on the ground of the road we first met?" An amused Aria asked.

Damon stood up and faced Aria, "I'm feeling symbolic" he replied, putting his hands on Aria's cheeks and pulling her into a kiss.

After they broke apart, Aria looked at Damon, a sad smile forming on her face, "How bad is it?" she asked.

"We never got to have a engagement dance" Damon said, dodging Aria's question.

"Don't do that" Aria warned, "Don't try to dodge the question, just tell me how bad it is, get it over and done with".

"Dance with me, please Aria" Damon pleaded, a sense of vulnerability in his voice.

***

Reality,

While all the glass around them was shattering and the guests were busy screaming, a panicked Damon Salvatore was trying to find the mother of his kids.

"Aria!" Damon yelled, looking around franticly but finding no sign of the tribrid anywhere, eventually after much looking around he finally found Aria, laying on the ground, unconscious, without wasting another second Damon quickly rushed towards her, kneeling down, he gently grabbed her head and placed it in his lap, "Come on Aria, hey, wake up, Aria!", Damon bit into his wrist and tried to feed Aria his blood, knowing that whenever Aria fell unconscious his blood always woke her up, but to his horror it didn't wake her up this time, "Come on, just drink it" he begged, "No" Damon whispered when he realised Aria wasn't drinking his blood, he then started looking around for a certain original, "Kol?! Kol?!".

"I'm here" Kol said, rushing over to Damon, he knelt down and looked at Aria in worry, "What happened to her?".

"I don't know, she won't wake up" A worried Damon informed, "She won't wake up, I don't understand".

"Damon, look" Kol said, grabbing Aria's wrist and showing Damon a mark that has formed.

"What is that?" Damon asked confused.

"It's a linking hex" Kol realised.

Damon looked at Kol in shock, "A what?!".

"Someone has linked Aria to something" Kol realised.

"Okay, so how do we unlink her?" Damon asked.

"We need a witch for that" Kol replied.

"Kai" Damon remembered, "Go find Kai, he's the only witch we know".

Kol nodded, "Take Aria to the boarding house, I'll find Kai".

"Wait!" Damon called out, stopping Kol before he could walk away, "Where's our kids? Are they okay?".