seven

07. Haunted

Aria opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling for a moment, yesterday's events going around in her head, Damon kidnapping her, him explaining their connection, telling her about Natalie, then Damon killing Vicki, and Vicki completing her transition into a vampire.

Aria sighed and got out of bed, as much she wanted to, Aria knew she couldn't stay in bed all day, something tells her, today is going to be one hectic day.

Aria opened the bathroom door, only to see both Jeremy and Elena already in the bathroom brushing their teeth, Elena gave her best friend a small smile, things between the two girls were still very much tense with Aria taking Damon's side and Elena thinking Damon's dangerous.

"Join the party" Jeremy said, smiling at Aria.

Aria smiled and stood between the two Gilbert siblings and started doing her morning routine.

"You're up early, where are you going?" a curious Aria asked Jeremy, while grabbing her bottle of cleanser.

"Police station, they're organising a search party for Vicki" Jeremy replied.

Elena and Aria immediately exchanged a look between them, the two girls knew exactly where Vicki was.

"Wait, shouldn't you be going to school?" Elena asked, wanting to keep Jeremy as far away from Vicki as possible, not wanting Vicki to hurt her brother.

"You're kidding me right?" an annoyed Jeremy asked.

"You shouldn't skip school" Elena defended, "If they find her, we'll know, that's what cell phones are for".

"Yeah your lips keep moving, I don't know why" Jeremy said, before walking out the bathroom.

"He loves her Elena,  he's not going to stop until he finds her" Aria said, also walking out.

Elena sighed and leaned against the sink, wondering when did she start hiding things from her brother, and since when have things between her and Aria been so tense.

***

After Jeremy had left for the police station, Elena decided to go to the Salvatore Boarding House, Aria decided to join her, the atmosphere in the car was so intense that it was suffocating Aria, both girls were to proud to apologise to each other so they stayed quiet, when they finally reached the boarding house, Aria quickly jumped out of the car and rang the doorbell, so glad she didn't have to be in the same car as Elena anymore.

After a moment, Damon finally opened the door with a smirk on his face, Aria smiled seeing Damon, but before Aria could say anything, Elena spoke, "Is Stefan here?".

"Yep" Damon replied.

"Where is he?" Elena asked.

"And good morning to you, little miss I'm on a mission" Damon said, before turning to Aria, "And good morning little witchy".

Aria gave Damon a smile, "Morning vampy", Damon rolled his eyes playfully.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?" Elena asked, completely ignoring Aria and Damon's interaction.