nine

09. The Cell

Damon slowly opened his eyes and saw Wes kneeling over him, an injection in hand, "What the hell are you doing to me?" he asked.

"Vervain, to keep you calm" Wes replied.

"Wes? Why am I here?" Damon asked confused.

Wes stood up, "I lost a test subject last night, and you're gonna replace him".

***

"Did you find him?" Aria asked.

"No" Kol replied, "Damon is missing and so is Wes".

"This doesn't make any sense!" Aria yelled, frustrated with the fact she couldn't find Damon anywhere.

"Ri, calm down" Kol said.

"I can't calm down!" Aria yelled, "The locater spell says that Damon is still somewhere in Whitmore,  but where?! We looked everywhere for him Kol!".

"Hey, listen to me" Kol said, cupping Aria's face, "We're going to find Damon, we know his still somewhere in Whitmore, and there's not a lot of places Wes could hide him".

Aria started taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself down, "I'm scared Kol".

"Relax, I'm here, I promise you I will bring Damon back to you" Kol promised, wiping Aria's tears.

"Aaron" Aria whispered, looking at Kol in realisation, "Wes is Aaron's legal guardian, he has to know where Wes is".

"I'll go talk to him" Kol said.

"I'm coming with you" Aria stated.

"Ri, you've had morning sickness all morning, look at yourself, you're exhausted, you need rest" Kol said.

"No" Aria said, shaking her head, "I can't rest until we find Damon, I'm coming Kol, end of story".

"Ri--".

"No" Aria interrupted, walking towards the door, "We need to go now, the more time we waste, the more time Wes gets to torture Damon".

Kol sighed, he knew there was no point in arguing with Aria, as when it came to Damon she didn't listen to anyone, so he just followed her out, hoping they would get to Damon before Wes turned him into another Jesse.

***

Aria knocked on Aaron's dorm room, with Kol behind her.

"Aaron, hey" Aria greeted.

"Hey" Aaron greeted, "So you heard?".

"Heard what?" Aria asked confused.

"That Jesse's dead" Aaron informed, causing Kol and Aria to exchange a look, "He killed himself last night, campus security came by to tell me".

"I'm so sorry Aaron" Aria said genuinely.

"Yeah" Aaron said, "So whose that?" he asked, pointing to Kol, "The father of your baby?".