eight

08. We Have History Together

"Hi" Damon greeted, currently sitting in the middle of a support group, "I'm Damon, and I have anger issues".

"Hi, Damon" everyone in the support group greeted.

"Why don't you tell us about what brought you to the meeting today?" the leader of the support group asked.

"Well, I got my best friend this job" Damon started.

"Wrong" Kol said, sitting next to Damon, "He didn't get me anything, I got it myself".

"Yeah, through my connections" an annoyed Damon reminded, "Anyway, our boss gave Kol new orders, and now, we're supposed to push people to make evil choices, and only then do we kill them and send their souls to the devil".

Kol looked at Damon, "What happened to going with a veiled analogy?" he asked.

"Oh, they're all compelled" Damon informed, "Clarity over cleverness, that's what I always say".

"I've never heard you say that before" Kol said.

Damon ignored Kol and turned back to the support group, "Anyway, since he got this new job, he's been difficult, full of himself".

"Why don't you say the actual truth Damon" Kol said, "The fact that you're jealous that I'm better at this then you, let me show you an example of how good I am, so all you compelled people, tell me, who is the worst person in this room? Is it you Meg? Or maybe it's you Elizabeth, I mean those some pretty awful things that you two admitted to, I'm sure when given the right push, one of you will crumble and make an evil choice".

"Small potatoes, I don't even think they made the cut" Damon said.

"Uh--".

"Uh! Elizabeth, quiet" Damon interrupted a terrified Elizabeth, he then looked at an equally terrified Meg, "You too, Meg".

"What about you?" Kol asked the support group leader, "If you had to pick for one person in this support group to die, who would it be? Meg or Elizabeth?".

"Wait, stop right there".

"Fine, let's change the choice, now let's make it between you and Meg" Kol stated, "Do you want Meg to die so you can live?", both Kol and Damon leaned forward and Kol started compelling the leader, "Answer the question honestly".

"Yes, I would want her to die instead of me".

"Woah" Damon said.

"Another scenario, what if we kill both Meg and Elizabeth for you to live?" Kol asked.

"Then I'd want them both to die".

"Whoa, what if we threw in everybody?" Damon asked, gesturing towards the circle of people sitting around them, "Choose between yourself and these people".

"I want to live, I don't care about any of them".

As everyone around them let out shocked gasps, Kol and Damon looked at each other with smirks on their faces, having found the next victim for Cade.