six

06. Best Served Cold

Five Years From Now,

Damon stared at the fridge infront of him, a longing expression on his face once he saw the family photo of Kol, Aria and the triplets sitting infront of the Christmas tree, wearing matching pajamas.

Damon couldn't help but feel extremely angry, all he could think about was that it was supposed to be him there with Aria and their children, not Kol, that was supposed to be his place, but one bad decision cost him the people he cared the most about.

"Are you just going to stare at the photos or are you to get to why you're here?" an impatient Kol asked.

Damon looked around the kitchen, he's eyes landed on napkins that had roosters pasted on it, "I'm guessing that was her idea?" he asked, knowing there was no way Kol would pick those out.

"Obviously, she saw it online and thought it would be funny" Kol replied, "Now stop deflecting, and tell me what the bloody hell do you want Damon?".

"When was the last time you talked to your fiance?" Damon replied, not even trying to hide the jealously in his voice.

"Someone's being stalking us" Kol mocked, "And for your information, I talked to my fiance about an hour ago, why are you asking?".

"What time was it?" Damon asked, "And what'd she say?".

"I literally said it was an hour ago and she said that her and Caroline are having her monthly night together" An annoyed Kol replied.

"Yeah, well she's not answering her phone now and neither is Caroline" Damon said.

"It's time for Caroline's broadcast, both Ri and Caroline never answer their phones at this time, Ri because she wants to concentrate on Caroline, and Caroline because she needs to make sure her show goes perfectly" Kol informed.

"I don't care, get her on the horn" Damon demanded, "I'm being hunted again and it's only a matter of time before Aria's the bait that's used to lure me out".

"Despite knowing that you're being hunted you came here?!" Kol yelled, "Risking the lives of the triplets?!".

"I'm not risking anyone's lives Kol, I'm trying to save it!" Damon snapped.

"Dad!" Alec yelled, running into the kitchen before Damon and Kol could argue any further.

"What's wrong Alec?" Kol asked, worried seeing Alec's panicked expression.

"Mom's on the TV and she's hurt" Alec replied.

Damon and Kol exchanged a worried expression, before running into the living room.

"We apologise for the interruption for your current program" Aria said, sitting in Caroline's seat, blood on her forehead and stomach, looking extremely weak, "My name is Aria and I have a urgent message for Damon Salvatore".

"Dad!" Mia cried, running over to Kol, "Mommy's hurt, dad!".

Alec glared at his biological father, "You're the reason she's hurt!" he snapped.