nine

09. The Simple Intimacy Of The Near Touch

Damon stood in an empty bar, holding Aria's bracelet in his hand and staring down at it, a longing expression on his face.

When the bar doors opened, Damon quickly hid the bracelet in his jacket pocket, not wanting Kol to see it and once again start his nonsense.

"What'd he do?" a curious Damon asked, as Kol slammed his next victim on to the bar top.

"He sped, really fast" Kol replied, "If you want him, you can have him, I'll gladly find someone else to eat".

"I have a drink, thanks" Damon said, holding his glass of bourbon up.

"Fine by me" Kol said, before biting to the man's neck and sending his soul to Cade, after killing the man, Kol shoved his body off the bar and grabbed a bottle of bourbon for himself, "You seem distracted" he told Damon.

"Oh, yeah?" Damon asked, "And your standards are dropping, you can't tell me Cade gets out of bed for a midlife crisis on a motorcycle".

"What Cade wants takes time" Kol retorted, "And this is me passing it", both Damon and Kol's attention went towards Damon's phone that was placed on the bar, both of them saw that Sybil was calling Damon, "I wouldn't answer that if I was you".

Damon ignored Kol's warning and answered Sybil's phone, "The evil lackey you are trying to reach is no longer at your service".

"There's that Damon sense of humor I miss" Sybil said from the other side, "Where are you?".

"Oh, you know, different city every night" Damon replied, "Salvatore and Mikaelson world tour".

"I'm gonna need to ask you a favor, do you still have that iron ball that you scooped up off Peter Maxwell?" Sybil asked.

"Yeah, so?" a confused Damon asked.

"So, I'm gonna need you to pause your murder spree of bestie love, drive to Mystic Falls, and deliver me that ball" Sybil demanded, Damon looked towards Kol, who immediately shook his head, "If you're nodding, I can't see through the phone, so what do you say, Damon? Yes? or yes?".

"No" Kol mouthed.

"I'm on my way" a frustrated Damon informed.

"I'll text you the details" a smug Sybil said, before hanging up the phone.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" an annoyed Kol asked, "I thought working with Cade meant being done with the sirens".

"I know, but every time I try and tell her no, my mouth says yes" Damon informed.

"You know what?" Kol suddenly said, pouring bourbon over the dead body he killed, "Maybe going back to Mystic Falls is exactly what we need right now".

"It is?" a confused Damon asked.

"Yes it is, till that women is in your head, you're going to keep being distracted, which means it's time to finally put an end to her control over you" Kol replied, before lighting up a lighter and throwing it on to the dead body, "That is exactly what you and I are going to do that siren".