fourteen

14. No Exit

"Do you think that fellow loved milking cows?" Enzo asked Damon, looking at a photo of the couple whose house they had just invaded.

"Probably, then she became one" Damon replied, with blood dripping down his mouth, "So he drank himself into oblivion, she cheated with the pastor".

"Just because you lost your true love doesn't mean you have to dump on others" Enzo said.

"There's no love in there, look at the picture, it's old" Damon said, "The milk maid's nowhere to be found, it's just pathetic old Farmer John".

"Manners" Enzo said, "It's impolite to speak ill of our hosts".

Damon looked down at the dead body, "Doubt he'll mind".

"Somebody's cranky" Enzo said, taking out his phone, "It's been almost eight hours sine you last fed, so I suppose that's about right".

"You timing me?" Damon asked shocked.

"You feed on vampires now, I am a vampire" Enzo reminded, "The only way to assure my safety is to know how long you last before your next fix".

"Or you could just leave" Damon said.

"I don't abandon my friends, Damon, I'm not you" Enzo taunted, making Damon roll his eyes, "Besides if you hadn't come with me to kill Dr. Wes, he wouldn't have stuck you with that nasty virus".

Suddenly, the dead body gasped and sat up, turns out he wasn't dead, he was in transition.

"Ah, just in time" Enzo said, he kneeled infront of the confused man, "Hello".

"What did you do? What's happening?".

"Uh, you died, but luckily, you had my blood in your system, so when you drink this", Enzo held a blood bag, "You'll feel much better", Enzo ripped open the blood bag and forced the man to down it, "There you are".

"Attaboy" Damon said.

The newly turned vampire, slowly stood up, "What was that?".

"That was blood" Enzo replied, "You're a vampire, congratulations".

"I'm a what?".

"I know, it's overwhelming, and Damon will explain more in a bit, but before he does, settle a bet" Enzo replied, "Your wife, where is she?".

"Wait, I drink blood now?".

"Again, we'll explain everything" Enzo replied, while Damon groaned in annoyance, "Where's your wife?".

"She's gone, she left me years ago".

"Pastor" Damon said, causing the vampire to turn to him, "Pastor?".

"Pharmacist".

"Ah" Enzo said, annoyed that he lost.

"Yes, I will take that as a win for me, not for you" Damon said, as he vamped out and attacked the newly turned vampire.