twenty two

22. Founder's Day

Elena, Aria, Stefan and Damon, were in their respective houses getting ready for the Founder's Day parade, Elena and Aria were both wearing crosets with long puffy dresses, Stefan and Damon were also wearing old fashioned clothes, clothes they used to wear when they were human.

"I can't be the only one who is having trouble breathing in this dress" Aria complained, putting her bracelet on.

"No, your not the only one" Elena said, putting her vervain necklace on, "These dresses hurt".

"Suck it in babies" Jenna teased, helping Elena and Aria with their dresses.

***

"Look at you, all retro" Damon teased, walking over to Stefan.

Damon and Stefan were currently at Mystic Falls High School, waiting for their respective girls to arrive.

"We are wearing similar clothes Damon" Stefan retorted, "I can't believe you actually agreed for this parade".

"Well I couldn't have Aria stand on that float all by herself, could I now?" Damon said, "Plus Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel's gone and it's Founder's Day, I'm here to eat cotton candy and claim my girl".

"Oh so your finally admitting your feelings for Aria now, are you?" Stefan mocked.

"Wait, huh?" Damon teased, pretending he didn't hear Stefan, "What?".

Stefan mocked laughed, "You have no sense of humor Stefan" Damon complained.

"Actually, I just have no sense of Damon humor" Stefan retorted, walking away.

"Damon humor? Hey, look, I get it" Damon said, following Stefan, "I get it, I'm the better, hotter superior choice and you're scared that you're going to lose Aria to me, but don't worry, Aria is not Natalie, this time only one of the Salvatore brother is falling for her".

Damon didn't care if he came across as a possessive boyfriend, he just needed Stefan to know that Aria isn't Natalie, this time history won't be repeating itself, this time only one brother will be falling in love with a Connor witch, and Damon has full intentions of being that brother.

 "You're right, she's not" Stefan agreed.

Stefan knew the only reason his brother was saying this was because he was insecure, everyone in Damon's life has always chosen Stefan over Damon, and if the one girl he let in after Natalie also chose Stefan, then Damon would officially lose it.

Suddenly Damon's attention turned to someone behind Stefan, Stefan turned around to see both Elena and Aria standing there, both were wearing old school dresses, for a second both the brothers froze, looking at both the girls, Stefan and Damon's mind went back to Katherine and Natalie, though Aria and Natalie didn't look the same, currently, with the dress she was wearing, she looked so similar to Natalie, that it was eerie.

Elena and Aria looked towards the brothers and both smiled and gave them a small bow.

***

"John?" Aria asked shocked, not sure if she heard Stefan right, "John is Elena's father?".

"Is that even possible?" Elena asked, equally as shocked.