ten

10. Nostalgia's A Bitch

Aria laid in her and Damon's shared bed, staring at the ceiling, she was pulled out of her thoughts when her phone started ringing, grabbing it from the side table, Aria saw Caroline calling her.

"Morning" Aria greeted.

"That was the most depressing morning I have heard, ever" Caroline said, in her car driving somewhere, "What are you doing?".

"Well, usually by now I'd be running around the triplets but since they're at Rebekah's with your children, I'm currently left alone with my thoughts" Aria replied, "Which by the way are starting to go in a very dangerous territory".

Caroline sighed, "You're still thinking about Damon and Kol, huh?".

"Like I always I do" Aria said.

"Which means you're not ready for our weekly sisters breakfast at the Grill" Caroline realised.

"Nope" Aria confirmed, "I am not getting out of this bed today, if I get out then I'll have to accept that Kol is a ripper again and that he turned Miss Mystic Falls into a vampire and that my bracelet did nothing to bring Damon back to me, and honestly, I deserve one peaceful day without any trouble, so sorry Care, but you're having breakfast on your own today".

Caroline parked her car outside the boarding house and got out, "Yeah, after yesterday's debacle I figured this would happen, which is why we're having breakfast in bed today, you like your eggs poached, right?".

Because of her vampire hearing Aria heard the boarding house's front door open and then close, immediately causing Aria to let out a amused chuckle, "You're seriously here right now?".

"We're not breaking our tradition Aria" Caroline stated, going to walk into the kitchen but before she did, her eyes landed in the living room, where Damon sat like a statue, "Damon?".

Hearing her soulmate's name come out of her sister's mouth, immediately caused a confused Aria to sit up in her bed, "Did you just say Damon's name?".

A confused Caroline walked over to Damon, she waved her hand infront of his face but he gave no responsive.

"Aria, get down here, now" a concerned Caroline demanded.

***

A concerned Aria looked at Damon, "What the hell happened to him?".

"I'm guessing Sybil happened" Caroline said, "But the real question is what did she do to his brain this time?".

Aria looked at Caroline, an idea forming her head, "We can find out what's wrong with Damon by going inside his head".

Caroline nodded her head, both the sister then held each other's hand and placed their other hand on Damon's shoulders, they then closed their eyes and proceeded to jump into Damon's head, as soon as the two entered Damon's head they were shocked seeing Damon on fire while yelling in immense pain, Aria and Caroline gasped in shock and quickly took a step back from Damon.

"What the hell was that?" an extremely worried Aria asked.

"I don't know" an equally worried Caroline replied, "It was just fire and pain".