three

03. You Decided I Was Worth Saving

Aria was in the back of the Gilbert's car, she coughed and slowly opened her eyes, looking to her side she saw an unconscious Elena, and at the front Miranda was also unconscious but Grayson was awake and was trying to get the car to open.

"Dad?" a scared Aria called out, as water filled the car.

"We're gonna be okay, I promise" Grayson told Aria.

"Dad!" Aria yelled, suddenly gasping for her as water filled their whole car.

Grayson grabbed Aria's hand trying to assure her that they were going to be fine, but Aria's hand slipped from his hold as she fell unconscious and this time no Damon came to save her.

On top of Wickery Bridge, Damon stood to the side with Sybil watching the scene infront of him unfold.

"The car went off the bridge" an officer said into his radio.

"Sheriff, we found the fourth victim".

"Was it an accident?".

"That doesn't look good" Damon commented, for some reason feeling extremely horrible seeing the scene infront of him.

"We're going to need to drag the river".

"Four bodies recovered".

Sheriff Elizabeth Forbes spoke into her radio, "Confirm four fatalities, Grayson, Miranda, Elena and--", the next name was hard for Liz to say, because the next name was of the girl who she raised as her own, who was the last reminder of her best friend, "And Aria Connor" she cried, with tears slipping down her face.

"Yeah, it's the Gilberts and Aria Connor".

"That's so sad" Sybil said, "Did you know Aria?".

"No, I never met her" Damon stated.

Sybil smirked, "Guess now you never will".

***

Sybil tried entering Enzo's head but failed miserably.

"Just turn it off" Sybil snapped, getting extremely angry at Enzo, "It's a little bitty humanity switch right at the back of your noggin, I've got big plans for you and it'll streamline the whole process if your emotions aren't riding shotgun, come on Enzo, room service is getting cold".

"Well, if you're feeling peckish, don't let me stop you" Enzo said.

Sybil once again tried to get Enzo to turn his humanity off but once again she failed.

"Look at Damon over there, he's got the right idea, he's happy" Sybil said, pointing to Damon who was busy reading Fifty Shades of Grey.

"Bored, actually" Damon corrected, "Just kill him".

"In three millennia, I have a pretty unblemished record when it comes to controlling men" Sybil informed, "50,000 to zero--give or take a few Peloponnesians--and I'm not about to add one to the loss column just because he doesn't feel like submitting".