twenty two

22. The Departed

Aria groaned when her alarm clock went off.

"No" Aria complained, turning her alarm clock off and putting the blanket over her head.

Just as she was about to fall back asleep, Jeremy ran into her room, and jumped on her bed, "Wake up Aria!".

"No" Aria said, as Jeremy pulled her blanket away from her, "Let me sleep Jer!".

"No" Jeremy said, grabbing a sleepy Aria by her arms and helping her sit up, "Get up, we have school".

"Since when are you so excited for school?" Aria asked, finally opening her eyes.

"It's your first day as a cheerleader, I want to watch you fail" Jeremy said, getting off Aria's bed and helping her stand.

Aria groaned, and leaned against Jeremy, "I hate cheerleading, I don't want to go".

Jeremy chuckled, "Well you have to, otherwise Caroline will kill you and me".

"Why would she kill you?" Aria asked confused.

"Because she said it's my responsibility to make sure you get to practice and not stay in bed" Jeremy replied.

"I don't get why Caroline's forcing me to be a cheerleader" Aria complained, finally separating herself from Jeremy, "I'm the most clumsy person ever, I can't do cheerleading".

"Because she wants you to do something other then sitting in a corner and reading your books" Jeremy teased, playfully nudging Aria.

"Hey" Aria said, lightly pushing Jeremy, "Reading is good for you".

"I never said it wasn't, but you read non-stop" Jeremy defended, "Now hurry up and change, Elena is waiting for you downstairs".

"Yeah, yeah" Aria whispered, as Jeremy left her room.

As soon as Jeremy left, Aria looked at her bed, it was almost like it was calling for her.

"Just five minutes more" Aria whispered.

"Don't you dare go back to sleep Aria Connor!" Jeremy yelled from his room, making Aria groan.

"I hate you!" Aria yelled back.

"No, you love me!" Jeremy yelled.

Aria sighed, "More then you know" she whispered, grabbing her towel and going into the bathroom.

***

After changing into her new cheerleading uniform, a tired Aria made her way downstairs and into the kitchen where Jenna and Elena were.

"Look who finally showed up" Elena teased.

"Shh" Aria said, sitting on the dinning table and putting her head on the table, "Don't talk to me till my coffee Lena, otherwise we're going to have a problem".