Chapter Three

Nakai's grip wasn't tight enough to cause any pain but his hand was heavy, both Nakai and Wang Bao didn't have the strength to keep the large limb lifted, after only a couple seconds their hands dropped down onto the place Wang Bao had just injected. Nakai groaned a little before his head rolled to the side. His light grip loosened and Wang Bao quickly removed his hands and stood up, a little red faced. Old Liu rushed over with a damp cloth and removed the black gloves from Wang Bao's hands, wiping them with the cloth. The Doctor suddenly came in with clean but heavy arms. She checked Nakai's pulse and temperature and then re-scanned his body.

"The side effects of the poison are fading quickly, will this man be moved? His condition won't get any better in the dungeon's, no matter how much medicine I give him."

Old Liu looked at Wang Bao and lightly shook his head but before an answer could be given, Mr Liu came running down the dark hallway. Anxiety written all over his face.

"Queen Mother visited your study, My Prince. I was able to detour her saying you were bathing but she expects your company in 1 hour. She says she has something important to discuss with you."

Wang Bao felt his heart jump as he stared at the unconscious Giant beside him. He paced up and down the room several times, thinking over what his Mother could want to discuss as well as where to put the Giant. Wang Bao suddenly stopped and looked at Old Liu.

"All right, when the guards come back from the stable, order them to carry the Giant to my personal room as soon as night has fallen. I will dismiss my maids for the time being so the path should be clear. Mr Liu, follow me, I have to bathe quickly since I smell like the dungeon."

Wang Bao walked to the entrance and bowed to the Old Doctor.

"I have already mentioned that it is important no one can hear any word about this matter. Thank you for your hard work today Doctor, we should have a meal together someday."

The Old Doctor bowed deeply as Wang Bao swiftly took his leave, his long hair fluttering as he walked. Mr Liu nodded towards his brother before he rushed after his master. Once the two men arrived at Wang Bao's personal bathroom, they made short work of scrubbing his body and washing his hair. Queen Mother had always been hard on Wang Bao, he knew that all though his Mother had given him an hour she meant 30 minutes. Mr Liu added scented oil to Wang Bao's hair before he started blow drying the long strands that reached his tailbone. After dressing in another silk shirt and pants, Wang Bao was ready to meet his Mother. Mr Liu tried to follow behind but Wang Bao's soft hand pressed against his shoulder.

"Stay here, it will most likely be night time by the time I return. Dismiss the maids then wait for your brother."

Wang Bao fixed his shirt nervously as he strode down the white granite halls. His steps were quick paced as he made the long walk to his Mother's side of the palace. The distance between the King's personal rooms and Wang Bao's were the shortest while the distance between his and his Mother's were the largest. By the time Wang Bao had arrived at his Mother's door, twenty minutes had passed since he had finished bathing. His cheeks were a little flushed and he nervously patted away the light layer of sweat on his forehead, afterwards he knocked with a light hand. From the otherside of the white wood, he could hear his Mother's bright voice.

"Enter."

A maid opened the white wood door gracefully, allowing Wang Bao to walk in. He bowed deeply to his Mother who was sitting at a small table. A strong sweet scent of flowers instantly attacked Wang Bao's senses causing a strong headache. The large sitting room was filled with various types of lilies poking out of the large vases. Without bothering to look at her son, Queen Mother spoke to her youngest son.