Chapter Sixty Three

As soon as their camp was packed down, they didn't waste any more time, and everyone walked towards the edge of the hole. The plan was for Alo to carry Mika on his back while Zhang would carry Luka, and Nakai would carry Wang Bao. Despite already being aware of the fact that he wouldn't need to do the climbing, Wang Bao couldn't stop his heart from beating rapidly against his chest, or the constant trembling in his legs. While everyone continued to walk to the hole that could potentially take them out of the hell hole that the mine had become, Wang Bao unconsciously stopped at the dry shoreline, his body refusing to move any closer to his potential impending doom. Before anyone could turn back to see what was taking Wang Bao so long, Nakai told them to start the descent without them, before turning around. When Nakai was only a few steps away from Wang Bao, he spoke in a light tone.

"Come on scaredy cat, the sooner we do this the quicker it's over."

With every step Nakai was taking closer, Wang Bao started taking one step back while asking if he could stay behind and wait for them to return instead. Hearing Wang Bao's question paired with the cowardly expression on his face, Nakai's want to tease Wang Bao grew, and he replied with a smirk while also quickening his steps.

"No. What if we find a way out? How will you get out of the mine then?"

Without giving Wang Bao the chance to reply, Nakai lunged forward to catch Wang Bao in his arms, but Wang Bao's reflexes were on high alert thanks to the adrenaline running through his body, and he was able to run sideways to escape Nakai's hands. With both men laughing from the impromptu game of cat and mouse, Wang Bao started running around the empty space that had once been their camp until Nakai finally put in the effort to actually catch Wang Bao. As Nakai pulled Wang Bao closer into his body from behind, he whispered with a dark voice in Wang Bao's ear.

"Stop playing around, it turns me on."

Wang Bao knew he could only admit defeat, and he reluctantly climbed onto Nakai's back. Holding onto Nakai as they walked closer to the pitch black hole in the ground was okay for Wang Bao, but when he caught sight of the distance between them and the rest of their group, he couldn't help but try to climb down from Nakai's back. However, Nakai didn't stop walking forward, instead he reached behind and spanked Wang Bao's bottom before saying seriously.

"Don't move around like that, Wang Bao. Once I start climbing, I won't be able to hold you."

Wang Bao did as he was told, and forced himself to stay as still as possible, while also holding onto Nakai's shoulders with a tight grip. When it came time for Nakai to start climbing down, Wang Bao's mind went blank, and he found he could only stare at the dark wet rocks in front of him. The climb down itself didn't take long, and as soon as Nakai reached the bottom, he crouched down before helping Wang Bao onto his feet. Once he turned around, Nakai could see Wang Bao was both sweaty and sickly pale, as if he was about to faint. The sight was quite concerning for everyone, and Nakai gently wiped away the sweat on Wang Bao's forehead while saying softly.

"See, you made it down in one piece. Do you need to take a break before we start walking?"

It took a couple seconds for Wang Bao to return to reality; although his legs felt like both jelly and lead, he slowly shook his head. Nakai didn't want Wang Bao to push himself too far, but he also knew Wang Bao didn't want to be a burden to anyone. All he could do was say okay to Wang Bao's decision before turning around to start leading the group. At the opening of the cave in front of them, Nakai's light stick was still shining brightly, and he bent over to pick it up in order to light their way, while holding Wang Bao's clammy hand tightly with his free hand. From above, the cave had appeared small, but now that they were walking through the dark space, Nakai was able to completely upright with room to spare above him. Because of the recent passing of water through the cave, the air was slightly damp yet surprisingly warm. They hadn't been walking for long, when Luka and Mika spotted a stray calcified egg stuck between a crack in the ground. Like the other eggs Alo had given them, there was a soft glow being emitted. Because Nakai was yet to see any of this, Alo asked for the calcified egg before passing it onto Nakai, asking for his opinion on the oddity.