Chapter Twenty Eight

Nakai sat in a private, dimly lit room inside a well known bar; he sat back lazily in the wooden chair, impatiently waiting for the people that would be travelling with them tomorrow. By the time he had finished his third glass of liquor, the door to his right finally slid open. A tall muscular man and a woman with the same broad build walked in together, looking rugged. Their clothes had clearly not been washed for a while and their long brown hair was sticking out wildly. They sat down opposite Nakai before the bar help walked in behind and placed down a menu. The two people in front of Nakai were twin Werebeasts he had known since his early days as a soldier. Despite their pleasant history, both Alo and Ala glared at Nakai before ordering a long list of drinks, once the wait staff had left, they buckled over and laughed. The man named Alo spoke first in a chipper voice.

"Wow~ How long has it been, five...seven years? I thought you had forgotten about me and my sister, the oh so noble Prince, Nakai Ta."

Nakai simply rolled his eyes before replying.

"I guess it has been a while. Since you're here, I take it you've accepted my offer."

The brother, Alo, leaned back in his chair while his sister Ala, took her turn to talk. Unlike her brother, her voice was much more stern, matching the dark look in her brown eyes.

"Not necessarily, 100,000 seems a bit cheap for a Prince. It's the middle of winter back home and the trip is going to be hard for us, just as much as it will be for you and your human pet."

The last comment was ignored by Nakai and he replied blandly.

"The price stays, you're only being hired to help an old friend. The two of you out of all people should understand I am more than capable of travelling through Werebeast Continent in the winter. So you can refuse or accept, it doesn't faze me."

Nakia was bluffing but the siblings were unaware of this, however they didn't accept right away like he had hoped. When the first round of drinks came in, the siblings decided to take a break from talking business, choosing to talk about everything that had happened over the seven years they had been apart.

. . . . . .

Wang Bao had fallen asleep on the comfy sofa while eating. When he finally woke up, he chewed the leftover food in his mouth, sitting up as he swallowed. Wang Bao stretched and groaned loudly before looking around, it looked like Nakai hadn't come back, and he double checked the bedroom then bathroom just in case, but there were no signs of another person being in the suite. Seeing that Nakai had stayed out the whole night when he said he would return quickly made Wang Bao nervous, and he pulled out his phone, tapping on the screen until he found Nakai's new ID. He quickly pressed the call button but the call didn't connect, taking him to the answer service instead. Wang Bao tried again just to make sure but the call was directed to leave a message like the first time. Wang Bao paced swiftly before crouching down, talking to himself in a hushed voice.

"What to do? What to Do~?"

A million reasons for Nakai not returning ran through Wang Bao's jumbled mind. Just to make sure it was Nakai's number he had called, Wang Bao frantically tapped through his phone then called one last time; when he heard the same automated voice as the last two times, Wang Bao threw his phone across the room with a slurry of swear words. Wang Bao knew it wasn't good to start freaking out, and he crouched down again to calm his racing mind. Once his mild freakout was done, Wang Bao slowed his quickened breath and ordered more food. The same Dwarf from the night before brought his large breakfast, but rather than leaving the room, he sat with the distressed Wang Bao. His aged eyes watched curiously as Wang Bao frantically ate the scrambled eggs and sausages. It was only when he thought Wang Bao was about to choke, that he finally asked.