Chapter Forty Nine

As soon as Wang Bao heard the deep voice calling out to him, his bloodshot eyes shot open and he was faced with a vaguely familiar person who was holding him like a baby. Wang Bao started to cower away from the person holding him, but he quickly stopped when he realised it was Nakai. Surrounding them was the rest of their group, but Wang Bao's mind wasn't fully awake of his surroundings yet, and it stopped him from recognising the horrified expression on everyone's faces. While Nakai tried to get Wang Bao to stay conscious, Kang was walking towards them with quick steps. Despite pinching and calling out to Wang Bao, Nakai couldn't get Wang Bao to stay focused; he didn't want to keep Wang Bao in the main hall any longer either, since the stench of blood was beginning to thicken in the air but before Nakai could stand up, Wang Bao turned a sickly pale white. Reacting just in time, Nakai quickly turned Wang Bao's face towards the ground before Wang Bao started power vomiting loudly. Kang had just arrived beside them, but was also quick enough to move aside and miss the splatter of Wang Bao's vomit. Once Wang Bao stopped, Nakai stood up and their group left the main hall, heading to the clinic.

Although Wang Bao was no longer inside of his memory, he wasn't completely aware of his surroundings and his eyes started to become unfocused. Nakai rushed inside the clinic room and laid Wang Bao down on the closest bed; with the plan being to let Wang Bao sleep, Nakai became a little more stressed when Wang Bao started mumbling anxiously all of a sudden. To try and hear what Wang Bao was saying, Nakai knelt beside Wang Bao but the young man had started to thrash around on the bed. Nakai continuously tried to soothe Wang Bao by speaking to him softly, as well as rubbing his chest but nothing was working. Nakai was running out of ideas, but he wasn't given time to think since Wang Bao's hands moved with sudden speed to grasp his own neck, attempting to strangle himself. Nakai was quick to his feet again while he grabbed a hold of Wang Bao's wrists, however Wang Bao's strength was surprising and while Nakai tried to free Wang Bao's throat, loud gurgled breathing sounds filled the room. Without looking around, Nakai called out to Zhang and Alo to hold Wang Bao down. With the help from the two men, Nakai was able to move Wang Bao's hands away before Alo and Zhang took a hold of one each. With his hands free, Nakai was able to check Wang Bao's eyes again and found that his pupils were extremely dilated, as if he had taken drugs or was in a trance.

Seeing this, Nakai was reminded of the Mer people as well as the way Wang Bao had been easily hypnotised, and he finally had an idea on how to help Wang Bao get back to normal. While keeping a hold of Wang Bao's face to continue looking in his eyes, Nakai told Luka, Mika and Kang to block their ears, then told Zhang and Alo to ignore the sounds he would make to the best of their abilities. Once the three people by the door had their ears firmly covered, Nakai grabbed Wang Bao by the throat with a firm enough grasp to slow his rapid breathing; he could feel Wang Bao's heart beat thumping against his fingers and thumb violently, but after a few seconds the rhythm slowly evened out. All of a sudden Nakai started making a sound similar to crashing waves; the sound wasn't loud, but it seemed to flow like water being pulled back before moving forward slowly to crash upon the shore. Everyone could see Wang Bao slowly become more and more enthralled in the sound, until he had become completely still and under Nakai's hypnosis. As soon as Wang Bao stopped struggling, Nakai told Zhang and Alo to cover their ears. To finish the hypnosis, Nakai moved closer to Wang Bao's ears while still making the soft noise, but once his lips were close enough to graze against Wang Bao's ear, the sound suddenly stopped and he whispered something quietly. No one could hear what was being said, but they were able to see Wang Bao fall asleep once Nakai pulled away, and they knew it was safe to uncover their ears.

Kang didn't hesitate to step forward while Nakai pulled a blanket over Wang Bao. He held an anxious expression while asking Nakai.

"What's wrong with him?"