Chapter Ninety Eight

As quickly as laying in bed every day and night can pass, Wang Bao was finally able to walk around and move without being in pain or risk opening his stitches. The first place Wang Bao went when he could walk by himself was the bathroom. At the time, when they had come back to his room, Wang Bao became intensely aware of his body, during the pregnancy he wasn't fond of becoming so big but dealt with it; Now that he was no longer growing life, Wang Bao wanted his body to return to normal but what he saw in the mirror wasn't normal to him.

Wang Bao stood fully bare in front of the tall mirror and stared at his body. HIs legs and arms had slimmed down to almost his original size with no signs of ever being bigger, however, his stomach area was another thing. When turned to the side, Wang Bao held in his surprised gasp before pinching a bit of his skin and pulling, with his other hand, Wang Bao measured how far the saggy skin stretched and was alarmed when it was his whole hand length. The area where Wang Bao's healed stitches were, began to ache from being pulled for so long, but Wang Bao ignored it as he continued to gawk at a body he no longer wanted to admit was his own. Before Wang Bao could become any more upset or tug at more parts of himself, he heard Nakai knock against the door. Wang Bao almost jumped out of his skin and quickly ran the bath before putting a robe on tightly and opening the door. Surprisingly it was only Nakia at the door and there was no baby in sight. Nakai leaned against the door frame and looked down at Wang Bao with bright eyes.

"Lei and Nera are looking after Hera, want me to join you?"

Nakai could see Wang Bao didn't want him to but he walked into the room nevertheless and started pouring some bath salts into the water, a softness took over the water as Nakai tested the temperature then he started undressing himself. Nakai was first in the water as Wang Bao had a mental war within himself. He wanted to have a bath since he had only had sponge baths and he felt all dirty but now with Nakai in the room, he didn't want him to see his body in its current condition. Nakai slouched down into the hot water with a sigh as he spread his arms out along the edge of the large tub. When he thought Wang Bao wasn't going to get in he heard the man behind him with a nervous voice.

"Close your eyes until I say."

"...I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen you naked, why do I need to close my eyes?"

"Just do it!"

Nakai did as he was told and closed his eyes but Wang Bao couldn't see if he was or not so he had to use both hands to cover his entire face. Once Wang Bao was sure Nakai couldn't see him, he undid the robe, on his way to the tub, Wang Bao made sure to grab some bubble bath in order to help with his cover then stepped into the water. Wang Bao worked fast to dump the bottle of bubble bath into the water before running the tap to help create bubbles. Only once there was no water visible and the tub was almost overflowing, did Wang Boa calm down and he let Nakia open his eyes. Nakai looked at the tall mountains of bubbles surrounding him before searching for Wang Bao. His long arms spread out across the large tub and he eventually felt Wang Bao's shoulder, when Nakai tried to pull Wang Bao over to sit in his lap he found Wang Bao wasn't budging.

"Why are you all the way over there? Come here, I want to hold you."

"No, I need to clean myself, you stay in your half of the tub."

Wang Bao scrubbed his body clean with rough hands as Nakai moved back to his side of the tub, Nakai wasn't in need of a bath, he had only wanted to join Wang Bao since they had free time together for the first time in a while. Even before Hera was born, they had been surrounded by Karo and Rara everyday. Nakai started to count mentally to 180, he would give Wang Bao three minutes to clean himself before moving onto Wang Bao's side of the tub. When the three minutes were up, Nakai was about to reach out to where he had found Wang Bao earlier but Wang Bao's voice stopped him.